Multiple Windows Remotes

I am running Windows firewall in default config. If I turn it off, it still does not work.

Hi @Martin_Joyce ----- Thank you for the follow up and confirming that information for me. May I kindly ask you to please provide screenshots of the following:

1. The “audio” tab found under setting on PC#2.

2. The audio settings for the Asus Xonar One DAC on PC#2

-Eric

Here you go, except of course the ASUS DAC does not show up and thus I cannot provide a screen shot.

Hi @Martin_Joyce ----- Thank you for the follow up and the screenshot. You have already confirmed that PC#1 can recognize the ASUS DAC. Is there anything different about PC#2 in comparison to PC#1? Are all the drivers up to date? Can this DAC be seen by device manager on PC#2? I am looking for any variables that may be inconsistent between these two computers.

-Eric

Actually the laptops are identical and yes the dac can be seen in device manager. Same ASUS driver and yes the DAC shows up in ROON on PC#1

Hi @Martin_Joyce — Thank you for the follow up and the sharing your feedback with me. Because these symptoms are consistent with how firewalls can affect Roon, I want to be 100% sure that’s not the issue here before we look into other possible causes.

Can you start by turning all firewalls on all three machines completely off? This is temporary, but it will help us rule out the most common cause.

And just to be clear, while you are only trying to only use this device locally (while mounted to PC#2 = RoonRemote) our RAATServer protocol still requires access to communicate with the device and if there are active firewalls or antivirus software present they maybe blocking this communication with the software.

-Eric

1 Like

Can I just enter an exception for Roon? If so, what exceptions should I allow through the firewall?

See this.

Hi @Martin_Joyce ----- You can absolutely add an exception to your firewall configuration for Roon. The proposed test from above was just to determine, temporarily, if any active firewalls were causing the problem here. I still strongly suggest trying to just disable them first and seeing if PC#2 is able to communicate with the attached DAC.

If you are indeed able to access the DAC, then I would advise adding security exceptions for “Roon” and “RAATServer”, following the process highlighted in the link provided by @philr. Let me know how it goes!

-Eric

Problem has been solved by connecting the DAC directly to the Sonic Transporter.

1 Like

Hi @Martin_Joyce ----- Thank you for the follow up and glad to hear that the DAC is now working as needed. Happy listening!

-Eric

1 Like