Music Drop Outs On MacBook Pro [Resolved - Patch for Sierra]

Hi @Donald_Glover ---- To get me the screenshots you can try one of the following options, up to you :wink:

1. You can click the link in my previous post (“PM”) and send over the screenshots by replying to that private message.

2. You can add your screenshots to your next thread post.

Secondly, when you are responding to my posts are you clicking on “reply” under the thread I just posted OR are you clicking on “reply” at the bottom of the page? If you are indeed doing the latter, this would be the problem.

Thanks!
-Eric

I sent you the requested screenshots. I did not make screenshots of the DSP Engine configuration pages since everything was turned off for all tests except when I converted to DSD64.

1 Like

Hi @Donald_Glover ----- Thank you for the screenshots, this is exactly what I was looking for. I will let you know what I come up with.

In the meantime, can you provide me with a status update? I am just curious if any progress or new observations have been made.

-Eric

Well, there was a Sierra patch for my MacBook Pro on May 23 to 10.12.5. Just for giggles, I tried using Roon after the patch and it works perfectly. I guess this one will have to be chalked off as one of the mysteries of the universe.

Well, there was a Sierra patch for my MacBook Pro on May 23 to 10.12.5. Just for giggles, I tried using Roon after the patch and it works perfectly. I guess this one will have to be chalked off as one of the mysteries of the universe. Thanks for everything.

The update does say it “fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played through USB headphones.” Since the USB headphone would have a DAC, it certainly sounds similar to what I was observing.

Hi @Donald_Glover ---- Thank you for the follow up and sharing your feedback after you installed the patch for Sierra :thumbsup:

Glad to hear things are now in a stable state! If anything else comes up, drop me a line, and I will be glad to lend a hand. Happy listening!

-Eric