Music flutters occasionally after 1.8 update on Bluesound Node 2i

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Updated to Roon 1.8 succesfully on SSD Synology NAS and Ipad/Iphone. All functions good.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hard wired cat6 utp from synology NAS DS918 - to Node 2i, WIFI to Pulse Flex.
Node 2i connected to Rotel RSP 1570 and RB1590 to B&W 803D3

Description Of Issue

Playing music via Roon introduces a flutter on Bluesound Node 2i and Pulse Flex. Occurs occasionally and is especially noticeable during softer music periods, like the first 7 minutes of Shine on you crazy diamond by Pink Floyd. (But on every other track as well.)
When playing the same files directly from the same source using the Bluesound control app this does not occur. Hence conclusion is that the upgrade to 1.8 has effected the output to the Node 2i and Pulse Flex.

Please help, this is annoying as hell.

Did you try a reboot of the Core and components? Might give that a go. Flutter has to be annoying…

Yes had everything disconnected, amps, Bluesound Node 2i, NAS and router. Hit the breaker switch, waited 2 minutes before switching everything back on to reboot. Had no effect.

I’ve flagged @support for you. Maybe they’ll need to check your logs.

Thanks, but no effect. No response from support yet. @support

Hello @Michael_Van_Oostrom ,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Signal Path when the issue is occurring? Does the same issue occur if you try to use Airplay to the Node? Do other zones have the same behavior?

Hello Norris,

Signal path attached.
It appears on all zones when using Roon. Node 2i is connected to NAS via CAT6 cable and connected to main installation.
Bluesound Pulse Flex is connected via Wifi. Same occurs.

When playing same file directly via Bluesound app, bypassing Roon it does not occur.

Playing via Airplay it also does not appear.

Thanks for the screenshot, @Michael_Van_Oostrom

Next time this occurs please make a note of the time it happens and what track is playing. Respond here with that info and we’ll enable diagnostics.

Playing Pink Floyd - Wish you were here: Shine on you Crazy diamond pt 1-5, first flutter after 32 seconds, again at 1:14 and repeatedly in next 5 minutes.
Same with other tracks, Adele - A million years ago every 20-30 seconds. It is of course most notable with tracks that are relaxed and open. All I ask (Adele again) after 22 seconds, 50 seconds, 1:15 seconds same story.

Hello Norris, any news? How do you enable diagnostics?
Regards, Michael

Sorry, its Dylan. :woozy_face:

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you here. We’ve activated diagnostics mode for your Core, but it looks like the logs don’t contain too many clues.

Can you please confirm if another Roon Core also shows this behavior or is the issue limited to the Synology Core?

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings → General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

What exactly do you mean by “flutter”? Can you record a short snippet and send it to us for review? Thanks!

Been away a while and looking at your suggestion am reluctant to change to my old computer as I am not that familiar with software anymore, and fear the settings and getting everything to work again. Software is not a friend of mine.
Made some clips with the “flutter”. But how do I add the files?
I get unauthorised file extension messages.
Regards,
Michael

Can I also ask how you can activate diagnostics on equipment in my home? Regards,
Michael

If you create a Roon Backup of your database, that saves the current settings and provides a restore point if you need to go back, performing the test with the other PC can give us a good data point.

Can you please upload the files here and let us know once uploaded?

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/5dHjIc9ke2o-LVTzf

Diagnostics mode is a mode we can enable for your account from our end, and what it does is upload a log set from your Roon app to our servers for review which and the log set can sometimes be helpful to help pinpoint issues.

Hello Noris,

Thanks for the continues support.
Uploaded 2 files, Waterland 64 6 and 9, both are short clips taken with the dictaphone app on my iphone 12 mini. If you need longer tracks I can do that too. If you have a preference track let me know. It happens on all of them, but not always at the same time.

Regards, Michael

There was a recent BluOS firmware update last week, can you please confirm if you’re still seeing this issue on the new firmware from Bluesound? Thanks!

Hello,
Unfortunately no influence or change.

Regards,
Michael

Thank you for confirming the firmware aspect.

Is the behavior the same with DSP disabled or does the issue only occur when you have DSP turned on?

Are you playing to each of the zones individually or grouped via the BluOS app? Does the issue occur when you play to each of these zones individually if they are playing as a grouped zone?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.