Music Germany corner

Well there we have the culprits who opened the can of beans…

1 Like

Dunkelziffer Qobuz

Ehemalige Mitglieder
Gesang [Damo Suzuki] (Damo Suzuki – Wikipedia)
Gesang Yoshida Takashi
Bass Rike Gratt

1 Like

Now again a bit more german mainstream and less experimental

1 Like

I just kicked Windows 11 off the computer and built myself a dual boot again with an old Windows 10 SSD plus a fresh Manjaro install.

It takes forever to get Windows 10 up to date and it’s blazing fast to get a working Manjaro including Roon up and running.

I still found around 3000 music tracks on the SSD and read them in. My start was Peter Maffay and then I let Roon - Radio direct more music tracks.

Here is the result:

For the Germany corner certainly a good selection of popular music with currently hip artists from Germany and the Netherlands. But I didn’t get any real surprises like that.

3 Likes

Apart from the title track, nothing really great on it, but that alone is really superb!

2 Likes

The trio story of Emil Brandqvist
Emil Brandqvist is a composer and bandleader with a remarkable sense of melody and simple beauty, and the atmospheric and cinematic compositions draw inspiration from both folk and classical music. Together with renowned pianist Tuomas Turunen and bassist Max Thornberg, Brandqvist forms a trio with fluid dynamic piano jazz as its trademark.

Since the release of their debut album Breathe Out (2013), the Emil Brandqvist Trio has established itself as one of Europe’s most exciting jazz trios. The group’s records have been acclaimed; Seascapes (2015) was nominated for an Echo Award in Germany and Falling Crystals (2016) was ranked #7 on the German Jazz List. The 2018 release of Within a Dream was met with rave reviews and reached #3 on the German Jazz List.

The Emil Brandqvist Trio has distinguished itself as a brilliant live act in recent years. Successes in Germany have been followed by performances in Sweden, Finland, Austria, Czech Republic, Ireland, France and South Korea.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)
About – Emil Brandqvist Trio

4 per mille go quite violently even without alcohol but in vinyl.

1 Like

The Cologne indie scene has produced EMMA6. It looks just as chaotic as the punkers, but these gentlemen were never here and capitulate to the mania for order.

1 Like

Nina Chuba got a lot of clicks with her English-language songs. Now German rap with rock elements breaks through with this new German artist.

Those who feel at home with Provinz, Trettmann or KitschKrieg can also dive in here.

Music has changed constantly over the decades and the 80s brought strong women and NDW in Germany. The old Schlager was out and it became bolder and rockier.

Ina Deter claimed even then that the country needed new men.

EAV stands for Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung - Wikipedia

Like a mirage, the Austrian music group came to German radio and did weird stuff that was especially lyrically out of the norm.

1 Like

I would like to deal not only with music from German pens, but always with the merits or still existing weaknesses of Roon.

At the moment I am re-reading my large database. This creates frustration and joy. Speed and reaction to customer requests or problems are not fixed yet. Sometimes the jump from one song to another takes too long, but Roon is practically in a pretty unrivaled situation as far as the overall experience is concerned. Strengths and weaknesses of the software are combined here with music recommendations.

I don’t even know 1 to 2% of the music that is available on streaming services, so Qobuz and Tidal are a valuable addition. Roon advertises with beautiful pictures and lyrics. However, it still has a lot of room for improvement.

My first artist picture

The beginning of the letter A

We can be sure, no one can do it better and with the help of the community it may grow to impressive results. Of course, I am now looking for a German illustrated volume. Hints are there for the time being only in my head.

What else can Roon tell me?

I see in the overview my collection, the recommendations of further albums, similar interpreters, new releases from this context (do not always fit!) and just groups from Germany.

This is something worthwhile here in the Germany corner. Enjoy!

No smoothly without a break Roon can’t play it, but the performances are still at the upper end of what you can expect.

That we do something here for the rockers in the community, Roon could mention calmly on every picture. Our classic fans will probably say, not necessary, you can already see without text on the pictures.

As beautiful as the images and music may be, Roon sometimes (support, images…) comes way too late. Here it took 1:30 until the right picture came to the sound.

This band comes faster, also in the picture, metal just…

…and not out of time

Unfortunately, this is not true for every band, here would be more there, but is not built in perfectly sure because the computer just slows down. There helps when it becomes unbearable only restart.

Roaring thunder if this customer request does not come true!

The Amberstrow makes you wait 1:20 until at least the ablum cover comes.

many things simply take too long.

and why not deliver everything you have perfectly?

Why does it take over 1 minute for the artist image to come up in the overview and why is it not in the playing area?

The guys are also so wild, Roon can’t keep up with a response time behavior and reliable artist images while playing.

![Screenshot_20220525_145357|690x388]

Not everything is always there, but here the team had a good idea. I like to participate. Everyone gets something out of it if we do it right and well.

or rather this? You can go vote!

Everything has an end - only the sausage has two. Of course, I thank the Roon team for everything that has already been created. It is much better than other programs, but still far from perfect. Please work first on the bugs and then again on the functions, otherwise something good will be completely broken!

I also watch other things like the rebuilding of my database critically, frustrated but just always with joy and fascination.

1 Like

Today Joy with

1 Like

Relax in the Morning

Chill an downtempo is my way to enjoy

1 Like

Fresh Pop-Food

Oval

Oval

And quite frankly, if we were thinking electronic music we could have an entire thread just on the Berlin scene - it’s massive!

These guys are from Darmstadt.

1 Like

This is what German dreams of love looked like in the early 1970s. Today she is over 80 years old and I still love what she also presented commercially in the Schlager genre.

Memory-Radio Tanja Berg

Wiki DeWiki > Tanja Berg

Nochmal!

2 Likes

1 Like