Music Hoarder at 68

You can export a list of albums to an Excel file using Roon

If you want to just have a list of your TIDAL albums, then in the Album browser, do a Focus to display just your TIDAL albums, then select them all and Export to Excel…

2 Likes

Never saw that one! Thanks, that is great, can’t wait to get home and test it… (another one of my long lasting wish list items was to have Roon cached data so I can roam around with it) :slight_smile:

There is no right or wrong way to use Roon, if this gives you the most value then it’s perfect. You could also BAN tracks which keeps them out of Shuffle.

You could also use Roon Radio which also brings in songs outside of your collection.

If you listen 24 hours a day, it would take you 6 years to listen to all that. No doubt, with that many tracks, many are pure trash. I only put music I like in my library. I want to be able to easily find something to listen to that I know I will like. When listening to new music, if I don’t like it, I don’t put it in my library. I guess we all have different ways of doing things.

There may come a time when Qobuz will limit library size like the other services do.

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

After months of listening, I have yet to come across a single song I would call trash. About four or five were deleted because they didn’t move me, but I could see how others would enjoy them. The rest I deleted were either interviews or spoken word. This is because I don’t add just anything. I listen to 3-4 tracks on an unfamiliar album before adding it, and then only if I enjoy all the songs. If it’s Blues, I just add it as I have never heard a Blues number I didn’t like. Same with bluegrass. I realize I might not hear all the tracks, but it’s there if I do want to listen to it.

OK, i am trying your method today… although slightly different for me, I am shuffling all of my “favorited” (heart) tracks. Still quite a mix, but not quite a whole collection shuffle.

Maybe I will make a bookmark for Playcount = 0 and get only un-listened to songs in my collection!

1 Like

I love Heart.