Nucleus with my t plus a Roon ready dac/preamp

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet cable from eero

Connected Audio Devices

T plus A dac/preamp. SDV 3100

Number of Tracks in Library

DK

Description of Issue

Music just stopped. No power outage. Roon app indicates just waiting for remote core Roon is trying to connect. I have gotten out of app and turned everything off and back on - didn’t work. Green and orange light r on - green blinks.

Hi Eric,

Can you get to the Nucleus Web UI from a PC browser, here are some instructions. https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/connecting-to-nucleus#Find_the_Nucleus_on_your_network

When you do can you post a screen shot of what you see?

Thanks!

BTW, just a friendly helpful user.

Thank you for responding Dan, I am not very tech savvy, when I open the Roon app already on my iPad. It comes to a page saying ‘waiting for core. Roon is still trying to connect’. I can’t get beyond that. Should I open up another app on the iPad?

Daniel is asking you to open the Web browser on your iPad or Mac and enter the IP address of your Nucleus into it to access the Web Administration interface of the Nucleus…

Hi Geoff how do I find the IP address for the nucleus. Thx!

Can you access the Eero to see the devices on your network and their IP addresses?

Eero tells me it’s 192.168.4.42. When I type it in safari browser bar it says url can’t be shown?

That doesn’t sound good. Last check - can you connect your Nucleus to a TV or monitor using the HDMI connector, reboot the Nucleus and say what message you see on the screen?

When I called eero they indicate the exact time it stopped yesterday - no longer on internet - so I can’t get the IP from eero the other number I had is for different device not nucleus. Looks like I’ll have to try the connect to monitor or tv and cross my fingers. Thank you very much. I’ll let you know

1 Like

That photo shows the BIOS settings of the Nucleus. I’m not sure how you ended up there. I assume that the Nucleus is stuck on that screen? If so, then I think you will need to attach a USB keyboard and press the Esc key to exit the BIOS…

Thank you. What kind of screen should pop up
On one attempt a screen came up about rebooting and pressing any.key. When I did nothing happened - the line just repeated

I’m not sure what is going on, tbh. Let’s see what @support has to say…

I will get a black screen the says ROON across the middle with 2 little boxes in the upper right corner one saying setup and the other booklist. I have keyboard hooked up and by clicking on one or both the bios screen came up. If I just leave the black screen after couple minutes I get That hit any key to reboot that doesn’t seem to do anything

Sorry boot list not book list

OK, now I think we’re getting somewhere. The bad news is that these are symptoms that your SSD has failed. The good news is that it can be replaced.

Next steps: Is your Nucleus still within the 2 year warranty period? And did you purchase it from a dealer or direct from Roon Labs?

Hi @Eric_Wiener,

I can confirm that the IP address as seen from our side is 192.168.4.43 but that was as of 2 days ago. Since then, Roon has not seen the device report to our account servers.

Try opening Safari and going to that address. If you can’t get there, please send me a private message with the completed template below and we’ll explore service options:

• Where was the Nucleus purchased?
  • What was the Nucleus date of purchase?
  • What model Nucleus is this?
  • What is the serial number found on the bottom panel?
  • What is the best contact email address for you?
  • Where and who will the unit be shipped from (shipper’s full name and full mailing address)?
  • Where and who should the repaired unit be shipped to (if different from the ship from address)?

Thank you Wes for helping! I had been enjoying my nucleus until it just stopped. I’m not very tech savvy

Unique Audio
Invoice dated 6/25/22
SN54B2038B9CAE

What’s my next step? Thx!

@Eric_Wiener - I’ve just upped your Trust level on the forum so that you can send @Wes a Private Message (PM) with confidential details such as your email address.

To send him a PM, click on his avatar icon and then click on the blue Message button to create the PM.

1 Like

Send those details via a PM as I asked, don’t post them in the public forum. Thanks.

1 Like