Music library not identified correctly

Roon Core Machine

MacMini Intel-i7 CPU 32GB memory
macOS Big Sur 11.4
internal hard drive with 1 TB

I have a 1TB Samsung USB disk with about 45,000 tracks. All tracks are recognized by Audirvana. However, Roon stops synching after about 6,700 tracks. I have tried renaming the tracks and moving some of them to my hard disk. Nothing seems to work.

Meanwhile, Roon starts a background process of “Adding music to library”, which seems to take forever. After hours of processing, it is currently stating: “Of 1,399 tracks, 17 added, 17 identified”.

Could you please help me?

Hello @Gilberto_Camara,

Thanks for getting in touch as you’re importing your library in Roon. I’m sorry about the trouble…:sweat:

Could you please confirm whether the tracks in your library are supported file types?

If your files are supported, I was wondering, if you could, as a test, only add one album to Roon as a watched folder. Does the process complete then?

Hi Rebeka, thanks for your response. My files are either MP3, FLAC, or M4A. I have reinstalled Roon and now it is stuck in the “Adding music to the library” background process. See the following image.
Screenshot roon

Could it be that Roon has a limit on the length of the file extension? For example, the track named below fails to be recognised by Roon:

/Volumes/Samsung_T5/Biblioteca/Barroco/Boccherini, Luigi(1743-1805)/Boccherini_ Cello Ctos/(01)_[Boccherini]_Concerto_No.8_in_C_major_G_481-_Allegro_moderato.mp3

Hi, Rebeka

When I add this album as a watched folder, it also fails to load.

the pathname has a ", " in it. I’ll guess this causes a problem as an escape character. Rename the folder and see if that helps. “Boccherini, Luigi” → “Boccherini_Luigi” Boccherini_ Cello ← remove the space there also.

I have many path names with spaces and/or with commas that are correctly recognised by Roon. For example, Roon accepts the following path
/Volumes/Samsung_T5/Biblioteca/Barroco/Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685-1750)/Bach_ Cantatas para Alto BWV 35, 54, 170 [Scholl, Herreweghe]

1 Like

Hello @Gilberto_Camara,

Thanks for sharing additional information and for engaging in conversation on our community. Every bit that takes us towards a solution is so valuable :nerd_face:

Has the analysis progressed at all since yesterday?

So our technical team can take a closer look, are you able to access your database and zip up the Logs folder for us?

If you can zip up that folder and send us a copy, so we can get a sense of what’s gone wrong here. We’ll walk you through the next steps after that so we can figure out what’s gone wrong.

Thanks in advance for your patience, and sorry again for the trouble here.

Hello Rebeka

I did a clean restart. The problems persist. Roon identifies only part of my library.

How do I share a zipped file with you?

Thanks
Gilberto