Music Lovers: Post Some YouTube Clips 📹

1 Like

so much beauty

Hayden (2016)…just on piano here with one of my fav tracks.

My Parent’s House

Live at Massey Hall | February 28, 2015

And of course he does a fine job of Uncle Neil here:
Powderfinger

1 Like

and I thought Haydn was dead… :roll_eyes:

welcome back @Nostro

@cinematic Hahaha…and so did I Tom, but this has been reinvigorated in my life. :smile:

1 Like

amazing

2 Likes

For fans of Nick Cave & Flea…love this rendition. An who’s seen Flea in a suit before? He totally shifted his role with aplomb. When Warren really became animated at Flea’s playing, it was a shame it had to end. I really think Warren wanted the improv to continue.

After all, despite the well documented Nick Cave comment in the early 2000’s:

What the f^ck is that garbage? And the answer is always RHCP. :smile:

Warren and Flea have jammed/shared the stage a number of times.

We No Who U R
(9/3/22 @ Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles)

2 Likes

Steve Wynn (acoustic)
Follow Me
(Live 2013)

1 Like
3 Likes

This is excellent!

Statement from June 2021

“With sorrow I am forced to announce my immediate retirement from touring, and possibly all things related to continuing my career,”

“I want to thank all the people who supported me all of the last half-century. I know that many were looking forward to seeing us play this fall and I was looking forward to getting out again and doing more shows, but it now appears that in the absence of a miraculous recovery, my Concert DVD (Live at the Agora) will constitute the last show I will ever have played. I ask any that are believers to include me in their prayers.”
:frowning_face:

1 Like

last one
Domi solo - stunning

Those kids really are amazing.

1 Like

It is a bit clichéd but if you haven’t seen this prodigy playing Chopin then it is worth the watch:

1 Like

Brisbane Bands
ABC Documentary (1998)

Perhaps it will appeal to some here interested in bands such as The Go Betweens & really how they became who they were. Brisbane had only a small population of roughly 2million back then and was run by their Premier Joh Bjelke-Petersen. It was for many years rather ‘scary’ & seen as the backward cousin to the blomossing and multi-cultural cities of Melbourne & Sydney.

The situation is & was rather complex, in part due to the fact that Brisbane is the only state that has only one House of Parliament. That is it’s unicameral & does not have an upper & lower House.

This is an interesting & brief article relating to the music scene & the culture of Brisbane. There’s also a brief 1.30 youtube clip contained within of the Punk scene.

Brisbane Bands

Lime Cordiale & Idris Elba
Holey Moley

Lime Cordial has been the favs of the indie kids the past few years. Here I feel they are summoning their inner Gorrilaz, with a catchy track, unlike their typical material. The lyrics (can be read with the video) & clip and are rather funny.

We all love some Bon Scott.

And the description says ‘flute type thing’. I’m thinking that’s a recorder!

Prog Rock :thinking:

Fraternity
Seasons of Change (1971)

Blackfeather
Seasons of Change (1971)
Original Version

1 Like