Music Lovers: Post Some YouTube Clips 📹

3 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Agreed that Toyah has a very impressive set of…pipes.
Honestly she might sound better now than she did in her earlier years.
Think I must have watched at least twenty of the Fripp/Toyah vids.

1 Like

Give the nurse with the green hair an Oscar!

4 Likes

She is really selling it!

1 Like

@AceRimmer Thought you might find this interesting!

3 Likes

Everything Is Free

Gillian’s masterpiece (aren’t all of her tracks :thinking:) lamenting the declining ‘value’ of music with all the free downloading that was occurring at the time with Napster etc. She notably said in a Rolling Stone interview she felt her creative independence was being threatened.

Live 2016

Courtney Barnett
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2018)

Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes)
40th Street Theatre live 2016

Lisa Mitchell
Australian singer-songwriter released 2020.

Father John Misty

Phoebe Bridgers & Courtney Barnett
2020 Newport Folk Festival Livestream
(Courtney kills it here :sunglasses:)

Batts (2021)

Sylvan Esso (with Flock of Dimes)
(Live 2021)

Siberian Tiger
(Adelaide - Australian duo)
A more ethereal version - dig the male vocals that kick in ~2:10)

Guitar lesson (3 versions 1 video - Gillian, Courtney & Phoebe)

1 Like
1 Like

And perhaps the best version that just dropped in my feed, so figured it belonged…

Note:
First minute is the ‘bosses’ preamble about the track & as per other versions (above post & beyond) around this time lockdowns for musicians were really hitting hard after an already extended period unable to play live.

Starts as if it’s just gonna be some open ‘cowboy’ chords, whilst the boss sang & that would have been nice. However, roughly halfway into their playing & ‘Sleepy’ Joe awakens.

This is truly such a delightful version. Husband & wife it’s fair to assume. :sunglasses: :+1:
And it’s highly probable they are ‘Sleepy’s’ guitars being a luthier. High quality craftsmanship!

England Couple
Live April, 2021

2 Likes

This is a rarity. We booked the wonderful Tamara Stewart to play for us, and her great friend Elles Bailey came by on her way back from Hell.
These two hadn’t met for a couple of years and so this was a complete surprise for Tamara, an emotional reunion for sure. Elles took to the stage to perform a song they co wrote, Walk Away… Pure Magic…

2 Likes

Mikaela Davis & Southern Star… Pretty darn good Dead set.

I thought Id posted this here before but it seems not. Its well worth a listen, Phoebe Bridgers x Arlo Parks meet Radiohead…

5 Likes

reminded me a bit of Vic

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

old, I know, but a current fav.

1 Like

Car Crash, a very personal song from Hannah White recorded at the closing show for 2022 at The Little Rabbit Barn. More on our YouTube channel…
This song has been nominated for the best song award at the UK Americana Awards. It deserves to win IMHO

2 Likes