Music migration issue

Received new Nucleus Rev B with 2TB internal drive.
Trying to move music from external drive (with 1.2 TB of music) connected to my imac. I connected imac to nucleus using smb connection. Connection worked fine … when i tried to copy music to internal storage directory---- after 100GB of music copied, it said the internal storage was full. However, the “finder” on my mac says close to 2TB is free. Any suggestions?

Did you copy to the data folder on the Nucleus? That’s the M.2 system drive; you need to navigate go the drive’s folder inside this.

However, the easiest method is to drag folders from the iMac to the Roon Remote interface. But first, remove the files in the wrong place.

This is for ROCK, but also applies to Nucleus.

I copied to the /data/storage/internalstorage folder. Is that the correct place?

Can you share a screenshot; the folder usually inherits its name from thr drive model.

This shows where i am copying to

I have tried again and so far it is copying. Up to 257GB

1 Like

Hey @jay_Waxenberg,

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into issues migration your library to your Nucleus? If yes, have you already formatted the internal drive on the Nucleus prior to migrating?

Here is more information you may find helpful:

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Got it to work. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.