Roon Core Machine

Innuos Zen Mini Mk.3
Latest software version 2.0.10
Roon software version 1.8 (build 952)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

EE Bright Box 1
Roon Core is hardwired via ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Naim NDX 2 (ethernet connection to Zen Mini)
Naim Mu-so (wifi connection to router)

Number of Tracks in Library

3571 tracks

Description of Issue

Things have been working swimmingly for some time, but with the recent software updates (I believe it was the one before last) music is playing quite out of sync. Not terribly, but enough to be really annoying and obvious.

Historically I had a small Resync Delay set on the Naim Mu-so. I had thought this delayed playback on that device slightly (as I felt it was slightly early) but reading the description today I am not sure if that is what it does? Either way, it is now behind the NDX 2.

Any idea what I can try and do to fix it? I have had a play around with Resync Delay but it seems to do absolutely nothing…

Thank you in advance.

Hey @Oli_O_Connor,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, it’s great to see you again! For Resync Delay, this setting is primarily used when an S/PDIF, AES, or I2S connection is involved. If you find that the beginnings of songs are being cut off, or you’re getting a lot of clicks and pops while your DAC locks on to an S/PDIF signal at the start of playback, try increasing this setting. That said, it sounds like you were indeed using it properly if there was one audio device that functioned a bit early with playback versus the other.

To get started, I would first reboot your router and core followed by power cycling both your audio devices.

I would also try hardwiring your Mu-so directly to your router. There is a chance that your network could be the culprit behind the out-of-sync playback.

Lastly, a few follow up questions:

Have you tried turning off the Resync Delay setting on the Mu-so?
Do you have them set up over RAAT?
Are your connected audio devices grouped together into the same zone?

Let me know if your issue persists after testing the above. We’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.