Music play bar doesn't move and music file won't continue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon version 1.6 (build416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

When playing music file, the music play bar at the beginning and not moving. Additionally, music file sometimes will not continue to play from Queue when previous file is finished.

This issue just occurred today, and the same computer and setup has been used since becoming Roon subscriber. Re-install Roon but the same issue continued.

Hi @Kevin_Sung,

Can you please fill out the rest of the support template?

• What kind of DAC are you outputting to?
  • Is the behavior the same across multiple zones or just one in particular?
  • If just one zone, how is it connected to the Core?
  • Does this issue occur for multiple types of media (streaming + local) or just one and not the other?

– Noris

Hi Noris,

Please see below for the information requested.

1. DAC is Holo Spring
  2. Only one zone is being used.
  3. It is being connected to a NUC streamer.
  4. Not sure about connect locally, since this setup has always been server to streamer.

When click on music play icon, music does play normally, but the music play bar doesn’t move, and music files from queue will only load randomly.

Thank you for the assistance.

Kevin

Hi @Kevin_Sung,

Thanks for providing that additional info.

Next, I would like to take a look to see what the diagnostics from your Core indicate, but before I go ahead and enable diagnostics mode for your account, can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time + date in your country when this behavior next occurs? E.g. 1:24PM on 6/10/19?

Also, can you please let me know what your network setup is like (model/manufacturer of the router and any switches/range extenders/powerline adapters/ect.) and how the Holo Sping DAC is connected to the NUC, is it over USB?

– Noris

Hi Noris,

Thank you for the follow up. I discovered what was the issue late last night, and have the issue resolved. It is now running correctly and considered issue is closed.

Again, thank you for continued support.

Regards,
Kevin

Hi @Kevin_Sung,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved!

Just so that we can document this issue properly for users experiencing similar symptoms in the future, would you mind sharing some more details as to what exactly you changed to resolve issue?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

Certainly. I am using HQPlayer along with Roon, and it was the time display selection on HQPlayer that somehow moved to “Remain” instead of the default setting “Time”. Once I moved selection back to “Time”, Roon works accordingly.

Regards,
Kevin

Hi @Kevin_Sung,

Thanks for letting me know what the issue was!

We are aware of this behavior as mentioned in our HQPlayer Knowledge Base Article:

HQPlayer has multiple options of displaying the play time, “time”, “remain” and “total remain”. You will want to select the first option of “time” in HQPlayer for the playback bar to properly progress in Roon.

Either way, glad to hear you resolved the issue and hope you have a great day!

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.