Music play for 3 seconds, sound stops but track plays

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell XPS13

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Klipsch Stadium - Airplay (when connected via headphonejack no problem)

Description Of Issue

When i starts a file it plays on the Klipsch Stdium but after a few secodns the sound is gone whlist the track keep playing.

Hi @Olaf,

Just to verify, are all other endpoints playing okay?

Do you have any other Airplay endpoints? Does the same issue occur with those?

Did this work for you previously?

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the swift response.

I have no other Airplay endpoints so can not test.

Yes the Klipsch Stadium worked flawless in the beginning too it is only since a few weeks it gives me the continuous problem. Literally every song so can not use that any longer for Roon untill I find a solution.

How can I (we) troubleshoot in the best way?

Hi @Olaf,

Were there any updates to the Stadium around the time this started occurring? Have you tried rebooting the Core and the Stadium?

Hi Dylan,

No updates I am aware of but…

It seems the reset for a Klipsch Stadium takes 30 sec no power instead of the usual 10/15 seconds most of the devices. So I left it unplugged for over a minute and now as by miracle it is still playing after minutes so fingers crossed it keeps playing.

Thanks so far

Hi @Olaf,

Glad to hear that the reset seems to have helped! If you see this issue return please let us know!

Hi Dylan,

So I thought it was solved but it seems the problem is back.

I need to keep resetting the Klipsch Stadium. Sometimes once or twice a day and other times once every two days. I can not detect why (or after what) it occurs nor is there a clear pattern.

Any ideas?

Hi @Olaf — Thanks for the followup, and I’m sorry to learn that the issue has returned.

Just to clarify, after a restart of the Stadium things will work for some time, and then it will stop working and another restart is required?

Have you noticed any patterns in what seems to trigger this behavior? Are there any patterns you’ve noticed? Specific types of content?

Exactly, a reset works for a certain time and then it stops again . Roon keeps playing but no sound after a fe seconds. As mentioned no patterns are detected. As for now it appears ad-random,

Thanks, @Olaf.

Have you discussed this with Klipsch at all? Have they provided any insight?

Does this same issue occur if you play to this device from another application using Airplay?

Hi Dylan,

did not discuss with Klipsch but have tested it with my iPad and it plays music stored on that device without a problem over Airplay so have to assume it related to Roon

Thanks for confirming, @Olaf.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.