Music Playback Randomly Stops Playing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Sonictransport i5, running Roon Version 1.7 (build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology 2600ac

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim ND5 XS2
iPad Mini (Roon version 1.7 (build 537)
iPad Air (same)
iPhone 6s (same)

Description Of Issue

Ever since most recent update, music (both local and streamed from Qobuz) will randomly stop in middle of a track. This is intermittent but very frustrating. It seems to be completely independent of music resolution. It seems to happen more frequently with iPads and iPhone than ND5 XS2, but also happens with it as well.

I tried rebooting router, which seemed to temporarily help, but problem resumed.

Hello @Larry-NYC,

Thanks for the details! Could you please verify that playing to the system output works as it should? This should help us narrow down where the issue is. You could also make sure your Router is on the latest firmware version available. Let me know how those two items go!

Not sure exactly what system, output means in this context, but streaming to Naim ND5 XS2 (connected to i5 core via ethernet) seems to be working. I updated router firmware and streaming iOS devices seems to have improved. I’ve noticed that these devices work better as Roon endpoints if all other apps are closed; I suspect that other apps are hogging RAM and/or processing abilities.

Hello @Larry-NYC, just checking in to see if things are still working for you. You had mentioned checking your computer’s resources when you have this playback issue, we’re you able to see anything there?

Things seem to be working fine. Occasional issues streaming to iOS devices as endpoints, but far less so if all other apps are closed while streaming. Fewest issues on recent vintage iPad Air and most on older iPhone 6. No issues streaming to ND5 XS2 via ethernet.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.