Music playlist on SSD stops playing After 60 to 120 minutes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
i7 core processor with SSD.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
My playlist stop playing after an hour or two. When this happens it shows that my Roon has disconnected from the core.

When I try to reconnect, it won’t for several attempts, then it finally connects. I have the same issue when listening to Roon Radio or Tidal playlists.

What to do?

Thanks!
Rick

Hi @Frederic_Beever and welcome to the Roon forum. A bit more info on the hardware, network (if any) and operating system involved might help here. Is the core machine a PC with some kind of power saving enabled?

1 Like

Hello @Frederic_Beever, and welcome to the community! Killdozer has a great suggestion here, have you checked your power saving settings? I’d disable them as a test and see if the issue is reproducible. Also knowing how the core is connected to the network and what the network consists of would be helpful, thanks!

I disabled the power saver settings and it helped but still stops playing from time to time. Any more suggestions?

Hi @Frederic_Beever, good to know we’re getting somewhere. A few more details might help. Does it stop mid track or between tracks? How often does it happen? Is it when playing material from your local library or when streaming, or both? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.