Music stops playing and Play button on remote is non-responsive, need to restart ROCK to fix

Roon Core Machine

Core -
ROCK - [Intel NUC7i5BNH / i5-7260U / 32GB RAM / 250GB Samsung 960 EVO NVMe SSD]
Version 1.0 Build 227
Roon Version 1.8 Build 1021

Remote - Roon Version 1.8 Build 1021

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ubiquiti ER-8 → Ubiquiti USW Flex Mini → Metrum Ambre (wired)
Ubiquiti ER-8 → Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD → Chromecast

Connected Audio Devices

Metrum Ambre for streamer, Chromecast for display

Number of Tracks in Library

Qobuz + limited ~4,000 tracks on USB storage
Issue happens even with storage disabled

Description of Issue

Music randomly stops playing at the beginning of the track. Play button on remote becomes non-responsive. Next and Prev still works and moves to in correct direction on playlist, however won’t play any music, even prev track that was playing before the issue started. On tracks with lyrics I can drag the cursor on “play line” and lyrics updates on the display, with no music. Also when music is streaming there’s a button to the right of the streamer in remote app that “lights up”, it’s turned off when this issue happens.

Only way to get around it that I have found so far is to restart ROCK. Restarting app on remote doesn’t help either.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Thank you.

Hey @Binesh_Shrestha,

Ben here with the support team, welcome to the community! We’re excited to have you here and apologize that it was an issue that prompted your first post.

Diving deeper into your issue, the first thing I’d like to test is hardwiring your core directly to your router. Bypass everything in between to simplify your setup, and see if your issue persists.

If it does, please share a timestamp (date,time) of when this issue occurs. From there, we can enable diagnostics on your account to take a deeper look into what might be going on.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Hi Ben, This particular issue seems to have gone away and haven’t happened in past month or so. However I did upgrade my streamer from Ambre to Meitner, so maybe some issue with Ambre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.