Music stops playing for about 4 to 5 seconds

Hi,

My system list is as follows (all devices are of the newest firmware):
DAC : DirecStream Junior DAC
router: ASUS ac86u
Roon core: rock on intel nuc 7th i7

I have enabling “Multicast Routing” for my router. The core and DAC both connect wired to the router directly. However, music stops playing for about 4 to 5 seconds. This happens randomly in the middle of a track.

Thank you.
Chi-Jen

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Does this behavior occur with all media (TIDAL and local)? Can you describe where your media is stored?

If you play to other endpoints does the same behavior occur?

Hi Dylan,
This behavior occur with TIDAL and local, and my local music is stored in the second internal HDD of nuc. If I play the music to my NB’s speaker (through WiFi to my NB), this behavior does not occur.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device? Can you also share a screenshot of device setup for it?

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

The signal path and device setup are given as follows:

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

As a test, can you try lowering the Max Sample Rate setting in Device Setup temporarily and let me know if there’s any change in behavior?

Hi Dylan,

Although I lower down the max sample rate to the 48kHz or 96kHz, this behavior still occurs.

Thank you.

Thanks for confirming that, @Chi-Jen_Wu.

Was this device working with Roon previously, or have you always experienced this behavior?

If you try playing to this device outside of Roon does the same thing occur?

Hi Dylan,

I have used this device to work with Roon from February, and have no problem until this month. The differences are the updating of the Roon service and I replaced the router from ASUS ac68u to ac86u. Maybe I try to use a ac68u to do the test. This device works well via usb and TOSLINK. Only working with Roon has this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Since this behavior seems to have occurred around the time that you switched your router I would definitely give this test a go if you still have the same router available. Let us know if there is any difference when using the old router.

Thanks!