Music stops playing for about 4 to 5 seconds

(Chi-Jen Wu) #1

Hi,

My system list is as follows (all devices are of the newest firmware):
DAC : DirecStream Junior DAC
router: ASUS ac86u
Roon core: rock on intel nuc 7th i7

I have enabling “Multicast Routing” for my router. The core and DAC both connect wired to the router directly. However, music stops playing for about 4 to 5 seconds. This happens randomly in the middle of a track.

Thank you.
Chi-Jen

(Dylan Caudill) #2

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Does this behavior occur with all media (TIDAL and local)? Can you describe where your media is stored?

If you play to other endpoints does the same behavior occur?

(Chi-Jen Wu) #4

Hi Dylan,
This behavior occur with TIDAL and local, and my local music is stored in the second internal HDD of nuc. If I play the music to my NB’s speaker (through WiFi to my NB), this behavior does not occur.

Thank you for your help.

(Dylan Caudill) #5

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device? Can you also share a screenshot of device setup for it?

Thanks!

(Chi-Jen Wu) #6

Hi Dylan,

The signal path and device setup are given as follows:

Thank you for your help.

(Dylan Caudill) #7

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

As a test, can you try lowering the Max Sample Rate setting in Device Setup temporarily and let me know if there’s any change in behavior?

(Chi-Jen Wu) #8

Hi Dylan,

Although I lower down the max sample rate to the 48kHz or 96kHz, this behavior still occurs.

Thank you.

(Dylan Caudill) #9

Thanks for confirming that, @Chi-Jen_Wu.

Was this device working with Roon previously, or have you always experienced this behavior?

If you try playing to this device outside of Roon does the same thing occur?

(Chi-Jen Wu) #10

Hi Dylan,

I have used this device to work with Roon from February, and have no problem until this month. The differences are the updating of the Roon service and I replaced the router from ASUS ac68u to ac86u. Maybe I try to use a ac68u to do the test. This device works well via usb and TOSLINK. Only working with Roon has this issue.

Thank you for your help.

(Dylan Caudill) #11

Hi @Chi-Jen_Wu,

Since this behavior seems to have occurred around the time that you switched your router I would definitely give this test a go if you still have the same router available. Let us know if there is any difference when using the old router.

Thanks!