Music stops playing on Tidal and Radio

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ASUS 4GB RAM 64 Bit Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wi fi with EE and and ASUS dark knight router n66u

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Meridian MC200, iPad Pro and iPhone Xs

Description Of Issue
The music keeps stopping intermittently. Keep rebooting everything in the system.

Hi @Peter_Hayes,

4GB RAM is a bit light for a Windows 10 machine. What’s the spec of the CPU and is it running off a SSD or a HDD?

That said, it’s probably using a WiFi connection that causing these issues.

Are you able to test Roon with the Windows machine connected via eithernet cable?

Also how does Roon get on playing your local music files?

If it just the streaming services that have issues this may indicate a problem with the performance of ISP broadband connection.

Hello @Peter_Hayes, Carl has some great suggestions here. Removing WiFi from the equation temporarily should give us a better idea of where the issue is. Let us know if you have the ability to connect via Ethernet and we can go from there!

1 Like

Hi there , changed the laptop to an 8gb . Seems to has improved . What is the best option for a server with a budget under £500 ? Connected by Ethernet . It’s a bit of hassle to turn on a pc as well . The Sooloos system you could just turn on the amp and control the music easily on the iPad . The Sooloos was just on the pc with it off. Just bought some chrome casts which are excellent with Roon :+1:
Maybe I don’t like change !

Thank you

Peter

Not my auction! Just an example.

Ok Will check it out !
Today still getting problems with intermittent playback . Itsettles down after several restarts and then plays . Using the 8 gb laptop . Putting me off to be honest . Frustrating !
Using chromecast and mc 200 both the same

Hello @Peter_Hayes, just checking in. Did you have a chance to try using Ethernet connection? Let me know!

Hi , yes connected through Ethernet . Much better just need to get a designated server , Budget has dropped to under £300 . Is there anything out there . If I use BT power line adapters are they ok wth Roon ? Because WiFi is the problem in my house very thick walls !

Peter

They aren’t recommended by roon. Sometimes they work and sometimes not.

1 Like

What about a cheaper server?

Thankyou

Hello @Peter_Hayes, if you’re looking for a cheaper server that meets your needs, the folks in “Roon Software” should be able to get you going in the right direction!

Ok show the way !

Peter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.