Music stops playing randomly - only on Kef LSX

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini 2018 Catalina all up to date.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Mesh Network with Fritz 4040 Boxes.
The Fritz boxes are connected over LAN around 60 meters.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
KEF LSX

Description Of Issue
On the top floor I never had any Issues like this with my Kef LS50 wireless or my Blusound Flex 2i.

However, on our lower floor Kef LSX connected via Mesh Network with Fritz 4040 Boxes the music stops playing. Playback pauses - no error message. Restarts after pressing play without issues.

Hi @AlexderK,

How is the LSX connected to the network, if it is on WiFi, can you try to connect via Ethernet instead?
Does the issue also occur when trying to play via Airplay to the LSX via Roon?
Is there any pattern to when the issue occurs (for example only on higher resolution content)?

Hi @noris

How is the LSX connected to the network, if it is on WiFi, can you try to connect via Ethernet instead?
5ghz wlan - cable is not possible

Does the issue also occur when trying to play via Airplay to the LSX via Roon?
will try that. But as I want to upsample Airplay is no solution for me.

Is there any pattern to when the issue occurs (for example only on higher resolution content)?
no, happens when playing 16bit or upsampling to 24 bit. happens with all file types.

1 Like

Hi @AlexderK,

Have you been able to see if Airplay has the same issue?

Does the mesh repeater have an Ethernet out? Even as a temporary test it would provide a good data point.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.