Music stops suddenly when streaming Qobuz [Resolved with Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Hi!
Abrupt music stopping problem lately, several times a day.

Each time the music stops, Nucleus UI indicates that Roon Server Software (Version 1.8 (build 795)) has started running from zero.

Restarting the Software doesn’t help. Rebooting the whole Nucleus seemed to help last sunday, but not today

. Setup in DHCP.

Would be thankful for any help.

2 Likes

Hi. there are many with same problem.
I hope they are working hard to solve this problem soon.

You could try manually changing the DNS to 1.1.1.1, but I’m not sure if that’s relevant. There seem to be a few people reporting similar troubles since build 795 - no official recognition or explanation to date.

When this happens, do your audio zones temporarily disappear sort of like a software hiccup? I have this happen once-twice per day as well. Win 10 core.

Thanks, augery58, but I didn’t find any similar thread before posting. Perhaps I don’t yet know where to look. Well good if I’m not the only one. Probably means my Nucleus isn’t toasted.

Thanks mikeb, I’ll first stick to auto DHCP setup recommendation, hoping for RoonLab improvement, but will try your suggestion out if nothing popsup or if things worsen. It was really anoying last sunday, stopping so often I lost track. Only happened three times on friday. Seems somewhat random.

Not sure James_I, since my core is a Nucleus, but for what its worth Roon smartphone app (as a remote) keeps loosing connection and needs a reboot way too often (may be not every time, but possibly close). It has been so since the very start, and my wife keeps complaining that I bought a Nucleus and subscribed to Roon…

Hi MBI. My Wife Was one Reason that made me invest more then 2000 Dollars into Roon. just to make it as easy as possible for her to get into my fine music system… it looks like I failed. This week i will bring my nucleus back to my dealer. lets see what they can do for me…
what would be intresting is if the crashes also happens with tidal hires.

1 Like

Not that it changes anything, but I have a Qobuz family subscription.

Does anybody know if we are we supposed to just post issues here and wait, or is there another procedure to ask for Roon’s support? Can’t find anything else.

Happened again 5 minutes ago, and the PC Roon app (I only just installed this) briefly showed an “unexpected error” message. It was too quick for me to read intirely, but may have mentioned something about having no more music to read (despite Roon radio being on) or something of the sort.

Hi @MBI

I enabled diagnostics so I could take a closer look. It looks like your Nucleus is running out of memory. Can you confirm the following?

• How many tracks total are in your library?
  • Do you use Qobuz?
  • Are you using any DSP settings?

Nice to read you Dylan. Thanks for looking into this.

I have zero tracks stored yet, since I still need to rip all my CDs and haven’t purchased an SSD for the Nucleus for now.

I do have a Qobuz familly subscription account (multiple users).

I have not used any DSP setting yet, not that I remember of.

I only have one end point for now, but two new ones should be operational by fall.

Hope this problem will be easily solved.

Happened again today…

And again not even a minute ago…

It did it again 2 hours and a half ago…

Hello Roon/Nucleus experts,

Reading MBI’s complaint, I recognised his frustration.
Since the last build my library albums have played beautifully, but as soon as a Qobuz album plays there is trouble.
These are the messages I got:

As far as now I have not been able to play a whole Qobuz album.
But playing the same album via Audirvana is a joy!

Nucleus indicates that I have 9725 albums (275 left?)
I use my Ipad or Macmini to steer the nucleus.

I hope you can remedy this for us. I trust that your combined (and highly valued) brains start buzzing and find a solution.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Gommie

Thanks for your sympathy Gommie!
And it happened again, 3 minutes ago… Roon radio was on, playing very interesting music, and it suddenly stopped…

I’m having the same problem with my Mu-so for some days now. Music starts and plays normally for a few minutes, then the Mu-so isn’t found anymore and I’m asked to select a new destionation from the list. Mu-so isn’t shown anymore.

Hi @MBI

Our team is currently testing a fix for an issue where Qobuz playback causes a memory leak. I don’t have any specific timelines I can provide, but we’ll be sure to let everyone know as soon as it’s ready.

Thanks!

1 Like

Good to know you’re working on a fix. My wife is starting to hate Roon nucleus, which stopped four times today… Please help!

1 Like

I’m hoping this fixes a number of issues!