Music stutters when played through Pi after update

Roon Server Machine

Windows 10/i5/16gb ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi experiences same issue.
Do not experience the issue when using Bluetooth from iPad

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi usb to internal dac to rotel A14 amp.
Raspberry Pi with Hi-fi Berry Hat dac out through analog unbalanced cables

Number of Tracks in Library

131783 tracks

Description of Issue

While playing music, the audio “stutters” frequently. It never stops playing but it’s like a brief hiccup in the music. Not the amp because it doesn’t happen from other sources and was not happening before I upgraded Roon today. Seems to be limited to when playing through the Pi regardless which interface I use (usb or hat dac analog out).

@Dwayne_Purvis, not sure if this is a Roon issue or a Raspberry Pi issue. Have you also posted this or looked in Roon’s Raspberry Pi category? You have not mentioned what OS you are using on your Pi, nor also what type of Pi (3 or 4) you have; these will be helpful.

One other thought. That is a fairly large library for Roon. You may need more RAM if the i5 is an older generation, but not sure.

It appears that the RoPieee update has addressed the issue.
Thank you for the response.

It was an older version of RoPieee. I’m upgrading it now to see if it makes any difference.

The Pi is a 4 Model B rev 1.1 with 4GB memory. RoPieeeXL 2023.11 (1179) is the new version that I just installed. My earlier version was a few years old.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.