Muso vs Devialet

Greetings, I have a Naim Muso 1st gen for kitchen listening with Roon. Does anyone have thoughts on whether a Devialet Phantom would be worth the cost to “upgrade?”

Thanks in advance!

Yes, sure it would :slight_smile: !

Thanks for the reply. Is this based on having listened to them side by side, or some other metric?

No metrics. Sufficient to compare the specs. Devialet Phantoms deliver unported full range 20-20k very linearly the whole spectrum. This also means that you need to be careful with speaker placement. Many speakers incl. Muso are made to be easy to place as they have cut offs that are room and furniture resonance tolerant, not so Devialet Phantoms. But well placed they beat my B&W802 speakers in linearity i.e. frequency range when properly placed. Best is you order them, check and return if not happy. Devialet offers money back guarantee when ordered online.

Great, that’s very helpful, thank you. One last question: is placement as big an issue if I’m just running one (in mono, obviously) on large kitchen counter? This would be a cooking speaker…