My Denon receiver starts on the wrong source

Hello,

I’m in the trial period of roon and before I start my subscription I want to solve/understand few things if it’s possible:

1. I’m using roon for about two weeks and everything worked well until today when I started to play some music and roon started my receiver but did not switched it to AirPlay mode. I tried switching on and off few times but the same thing. When I tried with iTunes everything was working as it shroud. SO what’s going on? Why suddenly roon does not switch to airplay but to media server source on the receiver?

2. noob question probably: in my car I use Tidal or iTunes to stream over Bluetooth music from my phone to car entertainment system. It will ever be possible to do that with roon? This is the only bad side of this software so far and will be amazing if that would be possible.

Best,
Robert

Hi @Robert_Petrache ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback, the insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior you are reporting with the mentioned Denon receiver would you kindly please provide the following:

• The make/model/specs of the device currently hosting your Roon core.

• After a quick search of the Denon website I see that there are instructions for media sharing settings that can be applied on the OS level of your computer in order to access files via the receiver. Is it possible that this feature has been switched on in your setup?

Lastly, you asked about the possibility of Roon being brought with you on the go. Our COO Danny goes into further detail about this functionality, in regard to the “Roon roadmap”, here.

-Eric

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I have a computer running the core for roon and it’s running 24/7. As I mentioned everything worked well until today when I started as usual my personal computer, started roon to play music, roon automatically started my denon 6200w receiver but instead of starting on airplay source as it did before it started on media server and I cannot switch manually to airplay so I had to start iTunes, play a song from there so the Denon can switch to airplay, then close the iTunes and continue with roon.

About the streaming to my car system, I don’t ask about offline streaming, I just ask for my iPhone to be able to play music from the core computer so I can stream it through blutooth to my car audio system as I do with Tidal or Apple Music app without any problem after my phone connects with the car.

Hi @Robert_Petrache ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing the requested feedback. Both are appreciated, and my apologies for the delayed response.

In regard to the behavior you’ve reported to us with the 6200w, it sounds like it is in DLNA mode and I am curious how the network settings were configured on the unit. Can you provide some insight into how it was setup?

Furthermore, being as Roon supports airplay there is nothing “specific” in the way we are communicating with the 6200w, so Denon may have more information on how an airplay source interact with the unit.

-Eric