My first issue with Roon

Hi. Roon has stopped working for me. No problems at all until today.
Screen says there are no audio devices. I go into the settings and the Devialet is not showing. Also none of my music is there. My own FLAC files not there or the albums I have added from Tidal.

I have done the usual reboot a few times and made no progress.
Any help appreciated

This seems to be a network issue. Have you tried power cycling the router and switch?

–MD

My apologies I am not that technical Power cycling?? Not sure what you mean. Also what do you mean by switch?

Not including your Roon or PC setup, your network should be comprised with a Internet Modem and also maybe a Router (unless the Modem has this built in). Sometimes but not always there might also be another box called a switch.

Power cycling would mean disconnecting the devices from the electrical source (electrical wall outlet) for a few seconds, then plug in back in. Give it about a minute to power cycle everything back up. After that check your internet to see if it is back up.

Then try rebooting your Roon setup.

Hope this helps.
–MD

Thank you for your post.
I have tried this and still no joy

Do you know if Windows had a update recently performed?

–MD

I dont think so. I am assuming my Devialet is not being recognised by my network

Ok - Lets tag @support and they will request additional info from you to help you get back up again.

–MD

1 Like

I have to pop out for an hour but when i come back I will try and turn everything off at the wall and leave for a few minutes and try again. Thanks for your input

Hi, @Womaz, sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you please describe your Core machine, storage location as it’s done here – I’m having a problem with Roon -- where do I report it? ?

Thanks!

Ivan

Well I unplugged everything for the time I was out. Plugged it all back in and it is now working again.
It is now scanning all my music again so hopefully no further issues.
Thanks for the help

1 Like

Looks like it made a mess of my library as all hidden albums are back again. Can I solve this by restoring from a back up I did last week?

Good to hear that everything went back to normal, @Womaz.

I think yes, your backup contains the snapshot of your DB. But I would also recommend giving these two articles a read: this one is about duplicate albums and this one which is about backups/restoring a backup.

Thanks!

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks I will look at these, however I have set it to not show hidden albums, but it is still showing the tracks in the album section. I think it may be tracks that I have favourited in tidal

What a frustrating day with Roon. Now my iPad won’t connect to the roon server . So nothing has changed with my set up yet today I have had all of the above issues
I hope this is just a one off

@Womaz, sorry to hear about your troubles. Have your tries rebooting you iPad and does your Server accepts remotes connections?

Was your iPad able to connect before?

Thanks!

Ivan

Yes I tried all of the above. Nothing worked. So I deleted the Roon app and reinsalled it. This worked

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.