My iPad doesn‘t connect to Roon core anymore

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TS 253 Pro with QTS 4,4.3 and Roon Core 1.7 stable (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquity Amplifi HD, Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Majik DSM

Description Of Issue

Since the last update of Roon Core my iPad won‘t connect anymore to the core. The Roon Remote app finds the core and trys to connect but constantly shows „Connection failed“. Otherwise Roon Remote on my iMac and iPhone work just fine and easily connect. I already uninstalled the app, rebooted the iPad and installed again, but no change. It also seems some settings data stays on the iPad after deletion of the app, because the initial setup is shorter than on a device whichngets a first install of Roon Remote.
I also already rebooted the core several times.
Please help.

Hello @Maik_Horbas, and welcome to the community! When this occurs, are you able to connect to the core by entering the core’s IP address through the “help” option that appears when your iPad is trying to connect? What model iPad is it?

I’ve had this problem, only to find that my iPad had disconnected from my home network.

In the meantime I was able to solve it. Somehow my iPad got on the blocked IP list of my QNAP where Roon Core runs on. This lead to the rejected connections.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.