My iPad doesn't find roon core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus Plus
HP Windows 10 PC
Apple iPad

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Orbi Router

Connected Audio Devices

Hardwire via ethernet cables and a switch.

Number of Tracks in Library

N/A

Description of Issue

All has been well for months until yesterday, suddenly, Roon cannot find core. I rebooted but still same issue. I didn’t change any settings that may have caused issue. All setting were same as when all was well when issue arose. I don’t have a clue as to how to resolve issue.
Please help.

Hi @Ken_McGlown,

We’re sorry to hear that you hit a snag when trying to connect to your Nucleus Core from your iPad. In checking your system diagnostics it looks like you may have gotten this resolved. Can you please update us with your current status?

If you’re still having problems please try rebooting your Router and Core. If that doesn’t clear up your issue please uninstall the Remote app on your iPad and reinstall it. Let us know if this helps you. Thanks!

Hello Jamie,
All is well now!!! My local Roon Labs dealer, Graham, of Music Lover’s Audio, Berkeley California, telephonically walked me through the process that solved the problem that I was experiencing. First, we downloaded an app that showed us all the devices on my network, which is where we found the IP address for my Roon. Then, we typed in my Roon IP address on my iPads Safari browser and that brought up a display of all my Roon functions. This is where we saw that my Roon Server was disabled/not working. In the end, from that page, we re-booted or reinstalled and then the Roon Server came back up. Graham, is extremely knowledgeable about all the inner workings of Roon. Also, this was a big time learning experience for me.
Thank you,
Ken

Hey @Ken_McGlown,

Thankful for this update, this is great news! Our compliments to Graham for the heroic assist! Roon Dealers are truly the best! I’m glad that you’re up and running again. If we can help with anything else please let us know. All the best!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.