My iPad w Roon Remote cannot find the Core like it used to

In the 2nd sentence above, on July 31, I did manually remove all existing RAAT and Roon from inbound rules. And in that same post, I then added by using localappdata. Did you look at the screenshots?

Now when you say to add exceptions, I assume that means to allow. So now i did allow both private and public, AND IT WORKS. The iPad and iPhone both can run as Roon Remote now. Yes!

So, is it OK to leave it with Public (enable Public on allowed app)?

Before all this started, and now, my router setting for “DHCP Primary Pool” is set to “Private” as shown on this router setting screenshot.. I don’t know how many different Private setting there are or if that has anything to do with the Private settings in Windows 10 firewall.
Here is my Win10 Private settings, and Win10 Public settings.

Hi @Robert_Blakely,

That’s fantastic news!

Yes, this just means that if you bring your PC to a public network (like Starbuck), then Roon will still continue to operate as expected. You only allowed Roon (and the other apps listed there) to operate on Public networks.

Since the issue is resolved, I will go ahead and close this case out, but any other issues, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.