My Live Radio Problem after Update 1.8

Yes, usually it opens but it’s just making a copy of the zipped file when I double-click on it.

I got it to open on another MAC, but I don’t understand this line of instructions: “Remember, no additional files from that package are required, only ffmpeg. You will need to uncompress the file twice.”

It is already uncompressed the first time. Please explain.

Finally. Got it to work. Rebooted and radio seems to be working.

Thank you.

1 Like

BBC Radio 2 isn’t working at all for me.

Check your codecs. That was my issue. Go to Settings, Setup, Configure, click on the IP address and see if you need missing codecs.

I don’t use Roon OS or a Nucleus as my Core. It’s. QNAP NAS.

If it’s the high quality stream then it won’t work for you - it’s UK only. Choose one of the lower quality streams.

I’m sorry but I can’t add a remark in the info text as the Roon program is not working at the moment.

OR…
It’s the QNAP aac issue. Can you try an mp3 stream?

Sure. How do I select a lower bit rate stream from Live Radio?

Scroll down below the description, and you’ll see 3 different streams. Don’t choose the first one. You can make one of the others the default so you won’t have to do that again.

Also, (I’m losing it, old age), I meant another aac stream above, not mp3. But let’s see if a different BBC stream works.

Doh! Yep I saw it as soon as I replied!! Thanks

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot play Hi-res BBC streams

The geo-restriction bug affecting playback on such stations has been fixed.

1 Like

I am located in Luxembourg.
ALL of my saved live radio stations are gone. My Live Radio is empty.
Some of the Recently Played stations still show up. Some, I can start playing without getting an error message “Radio no longer available”, but there is no sound coming out.

I rebooted my ROON core several times and also reset my router. No result.

Yes all Live Radio has gone for me. The few in Live Radio or My Live Radio show as Station unavailable/Station no longer exists and no radio stations come up when I try to do a search or amend a filter.

Multiple core reboots make no difference.

I have some previously used stations showing up. Some work some don’t. The “browser” to add new stations has disappeared. Clicking on it just takes me back to my previously saved stations.

It’s happening to everyone. Out of my hands but I’ve tagged @support.

Live radio is back but does anyone have problems with ‘my live radio’ - all my presets have disappeared overnight - v frustrating.

Yes, I should have posted this link yesterday.

There were numerous threads on the issue and I missed replying to this one. Sorry.

For the presets, I have found in the past that rebooting fixes that. Does it help?

Thanks - yes - rebooting seems to have fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.