My Live Radio Problem after Update 1.8

BBC6 still not working for me in the U.S. Roon says track failed to load.

Are you trying the high quality one? That won’t work outside UK. I would add a comment to the info but I can’t edit station descriptions at the moment.

Tried them all. None of them work: highest to lowest quality.

None of the radio stations are working for me.

Then there’s something wrong with your setup. Assuming you have rebooted everything, let’s test the codecs. Can you try

95bfm (flac)
CJSW (aac)
WRFG (mp3)

What are running the core on?

The only one that works is 95bfm. I run the ROCK on an INTEL NUC.

Then it’s the codecs file. Did it used to work? Have you added them before? What do you see if you go to the web interface?

You can load the codecs using this guide

I downloaded the codecs just now but my Apple computer is just making copies of the compressed file so I can’t drag them into the ROCK.

They need to be decompressed first. I’m not an apple man, but I thought a double click uncompressed the file?

Yes, usually it opens but it’s just making a copy of the zipped file when I double-click on it.

I got it to open on another MAC, but I don’t understand this line of instructions: “Remember, no additional files from that package are required, only ffmpeg. You will need to uncompress the file twice.”

It is already uncompressed the first time. Please explain.

Finally. Got it to work. Rebooted and radio seems to be working.

Thank you.

1 Like

BBC Radio 2 isn’t working at all for me.

Check your codecs. That was my issue. Go to Settings, Setup, Configure, click on the IP address and see if you need missing codecs.

I don’t use Roon OS or a Nucleus as my Core. It’s. QNAP NAS.

If it’s the high quality stream then it won’t work for you - it’s UK only. Choose one of the lower quality streams.

I’m sorry but I can’t add a remark in the info text as the Roon program is not working at the moment.

OR…
It’s the QNAP aac issue. Can you try an mp3 stream?

Sure. How do I select a lower bit rate stream from Live Radio?

Scroll down below the description, and you’ll see 3 different streams. Don’t choose the first one. You can make one of the others the default so you won’t have to do that again.

Also, (I’m losing it, old age), I meant another aac stream above, not mp3. But let’s see if a different BBC stream works.

Doh! Yep I saw it as soon as I replied!! Thanks

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot play Hi-res BBC streams