My Live Radio - Quick play and custom GUI

UX

1. Often I quickly want to find out what’s on the radio.
    The user experience would be much smoother if one could choose whether to start each radio station directly from the tiles in My Live Radio and remain on the list of stations. As one would on any radio when browsing saved presets. With the current setup it takes far too many clicks to get through from start page, start one station, playing this and then reverse your way out to find another one and start that.

2. One should also be able to select the view between tiles and list.
    This is particularly annoying on a phone’s smaller screen where a list view (still with smaller thumbnails) would be so much better.

3. I also want to be able to choose in order what my preset stations are presented.
    If not customisable, it should at least something like:

• the most played at the top
  • alphabetical
  • date added

GUI
Regarding the position of My Live Radio in the GUI.
I spent hours trawling through thousands of internet radio stations and saving these in My Live Radio
It’s something I come back to over and over again, so it bugs me that it’s not readily available. For me it’s hidden too far down in the GUI. Again, especially on a phone which in my case is my go-to remote for Roon.

I understand that everyone uses Roon in slightly different ways - there is not one size fits all.
Therefore it would make total sense for us users to be able select what we want to see under the hamburger menu and in what order.
Should in my opinion be its own section under the settings with all options selectable
Settings should be the only fixed menu, obviously.

Personally I do not need to see all of these at once, and certainly not in the current default order:

• Discover
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Playlists
  • Genres
  • Tidal
  • Qobuz
  • Settings
  • Artist
  • Albums
  • Tracks
  • Composers
  • Compositions
  • My Live Radio
  • Support
  • Community

The above is way too busy and I would prefer to hide about half of the options in my Roon menu for it to look something like this:

• Discover
  • My Live Radio
  • Playlists
  • Tidal
  • Qobuz
  • Artist
  • Albums
  • Recent
  • Settings

If I can’t hide some, I’d like at least to be able to select the order and therefore choose what comes in above the “More…” button

Thanks for your attention,
Mattias

2 Likes