Roon Core Machine

NUC i5

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Direct to Router by Lan cable

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Many

Description of Issue

Roon 2.0 upgraded on ROCK fine then after a few hours, the connection was loose, then I discover the NUC was running very very hot for no apparent reason. Then the NUC would Neve turn on again…

Hey @Samuel_Hau,

I wanted to check in on this thread and see if you were still running into issues with your core? After taking a look at your account, it looks like your NUC was online and running just a few minutes ago.

Certainly let me know if you’re still running into issues here :+1:

Yes, the NUC just died from overheat. Wonder what Roon server was pushing it to do to get so hot. I was NOT playing anything when it happened.

When you saw it online I had used a NAS. Now I have sent the NUC to be repaired and it’s back up now.

Hey @Samuel_Hau,

Thank you for letting me know. I will enable diagnostics on your account and take a closer look into potential causes of the overheating.

If possible, are you able to share a general date and time when this issue occurred?

Hi, it happened in the afternoon of 21 Sep London time. I was trying out ARC in the morning and then stopped using it around noon time. I discover it was hot and burnt in the late afternoon. So my guess is around 1pm-7pm

Well, it have died again last night after coming back from repair, please let me know if you found anything special during those times…

1 Like