My remote app wont connect

I down loaded my free 60 day trial through audioquest when I bought my dragonfly black. So I set up Roon on my new laptop with windows 10. I then download the android app for Roon Remote. When I hit the app to open…is shows my core and all …the latest version of Roon…but the connect button is grayed out and wont let me select connect. Please let me know if you need any other info from me. I even unistalled and reinstalled the app. Nada

Sean

Hi @Sean_Gresham ---- Thank you for the report and sorry for the troubles. Can you verify that you have “Accept connections from remotes” engaged on your “setup” tab (found under “settings”) on your core machine as seen in the example below?

-Eric

It is on…still nothing

Hi @Sean_Gresham ---- Thank you for verifying that for me. Can you confirm that you have no active firewalls on your Windows 10 laptop?

If you do indeed have active firewalls, I would suggest temporarily disabling them and seeing if there is a change in behavior with the remote device.

-Eric

That I will have to do when I get home from work. Hope it is something simple. My pops says the remote is the bees knees…lol

1 Like

@Sean_Gresham ---- Let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance flag me down using “@Eric”, this will ensure that I get the notifications. Thanks!

-Eric

sounds good sir

ok…i am home and turned off my firewall on mcafee…then it connected…soon as I turned it back on it disconnected…how can I keep firewall on and stay connected

1 Like

Hi Sean,
Mcafee should have prompted you when you installed and first ran Roon to allow connections.
You could try uninstalling Roon, rebooting and re-installing.
Or you can manually added roon.exe and raatserver.exe (and roonserver.exe just in case yo go that route in the future) to Mcafee’s exception list.

1 Like

Thanks…will do that…I think I added Roon before I turned MacAfee on. I am also going to uninstall Macafee and install norton…so then will redo Roon…and it should work…if not will be back here for advice…thanks again

1 Like