My Roon ARC doesn’t work

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core: Roon Rock with Nuc

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Model of router: HUAWEI B525s-65a 4G Router plug SIM card. It has gigabit Ethernet RJ45 for LAN, and I connect it via Ethernet cable with my Roon core.

Connected Audio Devices

My dac is teac nt-505 and use Ethernet cable connecting to my 4g router.

Number of Tracks in Library

About 8,0000 tracks.

Description of Issue

Below is the error message when I try to set Roon ARC in Roon.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“180.217.xx.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.x.x”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Thanks a lot.

Most LTE networks won’t work with ARC unless you have a static IP.

From you logs, UPNP wasn’t able to identify enough info to set-up correctly. You may need to try manual port forwarding on your router.

I have logged in the HUAWEI webui interface and setting the virtual server with my Roon core ip and its port from RoonARC in Roon,but it still doesn’t work, can you help me to solve it. Many thanks.

Need to know all the IP addresses of devices and what you set-up. If you don’t feel like posting those publicly you can wait for support to respond or message me.

Hey @Tai_Ju_Ho,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with port forwarding.

Typically, errors like the one you see can be caused by a misconfigured Port Forwarding setting, if you are not seeing Ready listed in Roon Settings -> Roon ARC, please look over this guide before proceeding.

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. How is your Roon Core connected to the internet?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.