My Roon Core is not getting an IP address

Thanks Michael. I am running out of ideas, but given that it is running as a ROCK, there may be some others that may be able to assist. Can you connect a USB keyboard and monitor to the AD server and attempt to look at via the web interface?

I’m now wondering if a database or OS corruption may have occured that may required an OS reinstall or a backup recovery.

Michael, can you access the AD server’s ROCK installation via a web browser using http://rock.local as the address? This should provide the web administration page to check the health of the ROCK installation on the AD server.

This sounds extremely fishy. Do you have close neighbors? If they are using the same WiFi channels as your router that could be a problem, but even then it should only result in slow downs.

This is running on a home network, right? How many devices are on your network?

I have about 16 devices, not all simultaneously, but still I have streamed a movie or a YouTube, used a iOS remote and run Roon all at the same time. I’m sure there are users who run many more network devices than that.

Does your router software limit the amount of concurrent devices? If so, up that number.

I’ve never heard the excuse that the network was jammed. Sounds like total BS to me. There’s a network problem with your Server.

Robert, I tried to contact AfterDark first before going into the Roon OS. I did open a browser and I run speed test. This is what the Systems Admin had me do and it came up fine. When I run http://rock/local or roc/local, Server/local and AfterDark/local it says it can’t reach this page.

xxx, I have maybe 8 total devices. Just the wife and I.

Do you have close neighbors that could be using the same WiFi channels as you?

Have you hooked up a monitor to your AfterDark server. Wondering what is displayed when you boot up.

xxx

I have a up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse hooked to my to my AfterDark Server right now. When I look for wireless networks on the AfterDark Server, I only see the two networks, one is the slow Google fiber network and one is the fast Google fiber network related to my name.

@Michael_Girardi , can you take a pix and post a screen shot of it. I couldn’t find a post from you of what is displayed when you boot your server.

Add images

Originally when I had the problem the Globe had an x in the lower right in the lower right of the screen. I added the network status in case it might be useful. I have a secure network with a password so I doubt my neighbors are on my network.

Nope, not what I meant. :slightly_smiling_face:

You are running ROCK on your AfterDark server, right?

Hook a monitor up to the AfterDark, boot it up, and snap a photo of the resulting screen.

It takes 10 seconds to boot up and AfterDark describes it as a Roon Roc.

This person needs someone on site….

@Michael_Girardi , OK, I think part of the problem is a confusion over terms.

The first screen you showed me is a WIN10 screen. Is that what you get when connect a monitor to your AfterDark?

The 2nd screen you showed me is just the motherboard BIOS screen. Is that what you get when you connect a monitor to your AfterDark and if so, does it never proceed from that screen?

Yes the first screen shot is what I see after boot up with a monitor hooked to my AfterDark Server.

AfterDark Server is the chassis in the lower left with Farad lps above.

OK, then you are not running ROCK. Your AfterDark machine is running WIN10 with Roon Core. That is different than ROCK which has its own complete OS.

Not that it matters at this point, but as far as WiFi goes a neighbor can be using the same WiFi channel as you without being on your network.

Let’s start grasping at straws. Just as an experiment, turn off any firewalls you may have on the Win10 machine, then see if you can connect using Roon’s Remote.

Still can’t find the Roon Core.

Ok, at this point there’s no guarantee that Roon is even running.

Open Task Manager and see if there is an entry for Roon, something like RAATServer, etc.