My Roon Journey

I paid lifetime a week into my trial because a) I loved it and b) it committed myself to Roon. It means that I don’t have to second-guess every hour I spend grooming my library.

I get the benefits of subscriptions for both sides, and my job is in a software company using a subscription model as well. Nevertheless, Roon offered lifetime, so there is no shame in accepting it, and for the first five years they are in the green with me. I’ll be open to donating more in a few years.

However, the main reason of my post: Despite a few gripes I’m still very happy and everything that’s really important has worked fine since the day I turned on my Rock more than a year ago. Thank you, Roon and Roon staff.

2 Likes

Started with Roon trial on March 5th of 2021, after the first week of trial, subscribed to yearly subscription and before the end of the first month got the lifetime license to get advantage of the yearly subscription credit to my lifetime license. Roon is by far the best HiFi investment I have ever made….

1 Like

Likewise! I’d be happy to donate in future years, even if I have a lifetime membership. I’m pretty certain we will have more greatness from Roon in the years to come.

I’d be happy to donate in future years, even if I have a lifetime membership. I’m pretty certain we will have more greatness from Roon in the years to come.

1 Like

@David_Pierce
There was nothing wrong with giving Roon a larger purchase price at the beginning, but if development is to go on for decades, the developers cannot fail to be paid, unless some just retire, donate…further out of passion with secure income.

Why not buy a lifetime license, and subscribe if you feel its too cheap? You could also send the team flowers on mothers day :roll_eyes:

2 Likes