My roon keep shut down my pc

Roon Core Machine

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
RAM : 64Gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Main income - network router - PC( Roon Core ) , Network Player ( Naim Uniti Atom )

Connected Audio Devices

CAT8 Network wire

Number of Tracks in Library

18,735 tracks

Description of Issue

When I play music by roon ( It’s installed on my PC ), Roon keeps shutting down my pc without any error report or something. It just makes my computer reboot.

@Gyeong_Yun_Hong, welcome to the community. What version of Roon are you running? I have a slightly older AMD Ryzen laptop that I tried to use as a Core and the behavior you describe is what happened with me. I am running B1228 on the earlyaccess program which is now using .NET6 and it seemed to resolve all of my issues with stability on the Ryzen platform.

Others have been successful with the production release and AMD CPUs, but it seems for my configuration .NET6 solved my stability problems.

One final suggestion. You should ensure your GPU video driver is up to date, that also historically has led to stability problems with Roon.

1 Like

Thanks for your attention Robert. :slight_smile: I am using Room 2.0 now.

Thank you @Gyeong_Yun_Hong, but what build number of Roon 2.0, 1223 or another build version? The Build numbers are the important item to confirm next as they must be identical across the Core and Remotes.

Thanks for your help. I updated newest version of drivers and installed .NET6 but it didn’t work. :frowning:
Is there another advice you can give me? Thank you.

And I also use 1223 version both Core and Remotes.

And I also use 1223 version both Core and Remotes.

You should not have to manually install .NET6. Have you tried to download and reinstall 1223 on your PC you use as your Core? Are your video drivers the most current version?

1 Like

Yes. I’ve tried all things to do… Include reinstalling 1223.

Hi @Gyeong_Yun_Hong,

Thank you for your patience while the tech support team worked through our queue to reach your inquiry. We’re certainly very sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing unmanaged crashing on your Core and we’ll do all in our power to restore your system.

First off, diagnostics suggest that the crash is related to the display, and we’ve noticed you have multiple monitors in your setup. If you remove the secondary display, do you still encounter the crash?

Per @Robert_F’s suggestion, it may be worth re-verifying that the Radeon RX graphic card is up to date even if you’ve already checked. There appears to have been a release today: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

See AMD’s release notes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-3-2. There have been known issues in the past, although mainly affected the 7000- series, with using extended displays.

If you continue to experience the issue with a single screen and up-to-date graphics cards, then please clarify a few more questions to help us proceed from there:

1. Does the issue occur when Roon is full-screen, or when you are resizing the window?
  2. Do you have video streaming apps open simultaneously?

If you’re willing to take a more heavy-handed step, try refreshing Roon’s database to reset conditions.

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.