NAA not seen by HQPlayer

We are, but now Airplay doesn’t work…Eg, I had disabled everything except for NAA as requested for testing and now when I reenable, Airplay is not working.

I suppose the overarching question is if spockfish can find a way to support all protocols available on the RoPieeeXL page of the web interface - ON DEMAND. I think it was mentioned above about Roon taking exclusive control of the Pi, but I suspect that switching between these various transport methodologies on the fly may provide some programming challenges. I’d love to hear back from spockfish in this regard in an attempt to understand where the program is headed.

The creator of HQPlayer, Jussi Laako, has an NAA image that you can use without the need to add Ropieee to the mix. It works.

1 Like

I’m having a similar problem with HQplayer not seeing RopieeeXL Feedback sent 34aa81ce3fc5dfcf.

However it shows up straight away in Roon.

Hi I have the same problem: my signal flow is: Roon to HQplayer to RoopieeeXL (over Wifi) to Adi DAC 2 FS. The Raspberry with RoopieeXL is running non stop and NAA is activated. However, the Win 10/AMD laptop running Roon and HQ Player is shutdown and booted up frequently. After rebooting the Win laptop, HQ player does not see Roopiee any longer. I have to reboot the PI 4 for the NAA broadcast to go through again.

It seems that HQP needs exclusive access to the audio device. Have you tried to disable the device in Roon?

NAA needs exclusive access (like other services as well) to the audio device. Keep in mind that not every service gives the device free.

Roon does this after a few sec’s when not playing audio.

Thanks à lot for your replies - but I found the origin of my problem: the NAA broadcast from RoopieeeXL only works if it sees the DAC connected to it, so my RME needs to be switched on as well. This is identical in Roon, and I should have figured it out earlier. HQplayer then finds the network device and it is available from the dropdown list: tellingly it does not show the Raspberry/RoopieeeXL combo but the RME ADI DAC 2 FS

1 Like

I am also having this issue. HQPlayer shows nothing in the Device dropdown when NetworkAudioAdapter is selected as Output Device Settings - Backend. I’m evaluating HQPlayer. I’ve tried everything listed in this thread - restart, beta, turning off other services in RopieeeXL, making sure DAC is on, etc. I submitted feedback for review - a3fda06fc8ff288a. Thanks for your help!

Hi, on my system, I was able to see the NAA’s on my network after I disabled the network adapters which are not being used on my PC that is running HQPlayer.

Hope that helps!

Hi @Michael_Corcoran,

The problem lies in your wireless network: it has a space in it and that’s is not being properly handled.

That also results in a failure while configuring HQplayer, hence it does not show up.

2 solutions: burn a new SD card with the latest RoPieee version (that is capable of handling wireless network names with spaces) or rename your wireless network (and remove the space).

Thanks

Hi, I’m having the same problem. It was working fine before. My setup was in storage for a while so not sure, when it would have stopped working and/or if it’s related to the version of Ropieee (4.017)/HQPlayer (4.16.2) I’m using now. I upgraded my second Pi to RopieeeXL but it’s not seen by HQPPlayer either. Feedback: b6f2a028da0ba623
Thank you