NAD C368 + BlueOS2I Modul not recognizing MQA-Stream

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon Build 756 (Server and Client)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Windows 10 Pro Server connected via LAN to a TP Link T2600G-28MPS 4.0 and from the connected to the ethernet port of my NAD 368 with the BlueOS-Addin Card.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C368 with MDC BlueOS 2I-Modul

Description Of Issue

Since the 1.8 Update the Roon Core only authenticates the mqa-file, but doesn’t seem to send a valid mqa-stream to the amp.

In the device settings decode and render is activated:
But I had to disable MQA-Core-Decoder, because otherwise Roon is unable to play to the amp, because “it’s loosing connection”

Diagnosed it furthermore - it seems to work, when disabling the automatic volume adjustment?

@support any idea on this specific issue?

Hi @Kersten_Kusch ,

Can you please clarify on this? Do you mean to say disabling volume leveling for the zone allows correct playback? Are you using the latest firmware on the DAC?

Hi,
disabling this option: image
resolves the issue and allows correct playback. The module is using version: 3.12.13, which is the latest.

2 Likes

Hi @Kersten_Kusch ,

Thanks for letting us know that changing that option helped with the issue, I’ve passed your feedback on to the team!

Thank you so much!! That MQA issue made me crazy over the last week…I was never able to find the reason. You made my day. Cheers Oli

2 Likes

@noris Shall I send you some logs files from the server for better debugging?

Your welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.8 B783

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C368 with BlueOS2i

Description Of Issue

Issue - see here: NAD C368 + BlueOS2I Modul not recognizing MQA-Stream, but didn’t got a satisfying answer.
Any news on this topic?

Friendly greetings,
Lars

Hello @Kersten_Kusch, the original topic was closed automatically by the system as a “solution” box had been ticked.

As you wish to persue the issue, I’ve opened the thread and moved your post here.

Pinging @noris.

Hi @Kersten_Kusch ,

Can you please confirm that you have the latest BluOS firmware installed? There was a recent update that may have helped with this behavior, can you please verify? Thanks!

HI @noris,
updating to the latest BlueOS-Version helped solving the issue.
@Oliver_Stephan does it work for you as well?
Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.