NAD CI 580 BluOS™ 4-zone stereo digital preamplifier/network player [Resolved]

I just installed Roon Today! I am running a ROCK NUC. My audio endpoint is a “NAD CI 580
BluOS™ 4-zone stereo digital preamplifier/network player” Although Roon recognizes this device
in the Audio Setup, it only is seeing one BluOS Zone and not the other three zones. This is preventing
me from using Roon to control music playback. Help?

Hi there. I’m very glad to see your post. I don’t own a CI 580 but i have Been at strongly considering one for part of my multizone setup.

I would be keen to follow your progress. I’ve actually been wondering if there is the option to power off each zone individually so that for example only 2 zones show up in bluos.

So by way of a question are you seeing all 4 zones in the bluos app and just one in roon?

This may well be a NAD issues so it might be worth asking on the blue os forum.

Meanwhile it’s always worth tagging @support in these queries.

.sjb

1 Like

No, you cannot “power individual zones on and off” but rather choose a zone or group them the same way you select a zone to play in Roon. Yes, the Bluesound app is seeing all 4 zones.

I just installed Roon Today! I am running a ROCK NUC. My audio endpoint is a “NAD CI 580
BluOS™ 4-zone stereo digital preamplifier/network player” Although Roon recognizes this device
in the Audio Setup, it only is seeing one BluOS Zone and not the other three zones. This is preventing
me from using Roon to control music playback. Help?@support

Thanks for the information on the way the bluos app is seeing the ci580.

I have a number of other bluos components and so I’m grateful for the information.

I hope you sort out the problem with the unit and roon.

The “zones” of the 580 are managed by BluOs, and as far as I understand, they are not exposed for outside management. When Roon queries the 580, it responds to Roon as a single endpoint; to do what you want, it would have to respond as 4 separate endpoints. Have you tried asking their tech support to verify if what you are trying to do will work.

1 Like

Roon support gave me exactly the same answer you did. As far as a solution, they said that Bluesound would need to allow this “4 endpoint recognition” to happen. So the fix is not in Roon’s control but on your end. From my understanding however, it is possible.

The NAD CI-580 has only one network card and is seen as one IP or one endpoint by Roon. Bluesound told me they eventually will be fixing this problem but gave me no timeline. I would suggest that on the Roon website, you state that the NAD CI-580 is not currently Roon Ready@support

Would like to use one of these units also, so wondering if there is any update or resolution to this issue?

Thanks!

That would be a question for NAD support as NAD would have to make changes in their software. They might be able to give you a timeline.

Well, NAD pushed me off to Bluesound (“its a BluOS issue.”). Bluesound just told me it must be Roon’s issue (“Roon must be seeing a single IP and assuming it’s a single streamer. They have to fix.”).

@support. Any help or further update on roon working correctly with a NAD CI580?

Deciding what endpoints to use is the only thing holding me back from making a purchase and implementing across 10 zones in my house.

RESOLVED!! Great unit.

How was it resolved?

1 Like

Avrom – did you get your CI580 working properly with 4 zones?

Yes. No issues. I think The techs at Roon fixed the problem. CI580 now working with Roon.

It would be nice to know either way in case it unfixes itself at some point.

2 Likes

Very Nice, how is the sound?

Hi @Avrom_Gart ----- Thank you for the screenshot! Very appreciated :sunglasses:

Moving forward, can you please provide me with a screenshot of what “RAAT SDK Version” the NAD CI580 is currently using. This information can be found by clicking the little “blue info” icon next to the CI580 in the audio tab. I have provided an example below:

@Craig_Palmer , if you are still experiencing an issue may I very kindly ask you to please provide me the same screenshot showing what “RAAT SDK Version” your NAD CI580 is currently using. Thanks!

-Eric