NAD M12 BluOS : Should I get the BluOS Card? Stable? Or stick with Meridian 218?

Hi

I recently invested in a NAD Masters M12 Pre Amp and M22 V2 Power Amp.

Really pleased with how this combo sounds.

At the moment I am using my Meridian 218 as a Roon endpoint.

For about £400 I can buy and fit the BluOS card to my M12 and use it as a Roon endpoint???

I note that there were posts about it being unstable and dropping out??

Have the latest software updates fixed this? What is the BluOS like to us in a NAD Amp?

Also promises MQA compatibility?

The Meridian is pretty damn good so tempted to stick with it, but it’s less boxes, and looking to splurge on a decent digital interconnect, which I would rather avoid…

Hi Angus,
I have used the M12+BluOS card for years.
Never had any problems - sounds great - and features keep being added via updates.
I’d recommend it - especially if you have a Tidal subscription.
Angus

1 Like

I just ordered the BluOs module for my M12; does the M12 with the BluOs module do the full decoding or just rendering or does it just do the first unfold?

In fairness I did but the card for my M12 and it’s been great.

Roon tells me that is doing the full thing with mqa, unfold and render etc

No drop outs and better than the meridian 218 in fact!

Love it! there is two versions of the card, you can only get the v2 one now, which has faster processor etc, that’s the one i’ve got.

This system is brilliant :slight_smile:

It will decode and render. If you set as render only, it will not be bitperfect for some reason!

It will decode and render. If you set as render only, it will not be bitperfect for some reason!

How did you come by that conclusion?

I have a M12 w/ BluOS module and M22v2. I set the M12 to render only only and the SQ is fine as far as I can tell.

Hi do you know if the last bluOS/dac in M12card supports DSD?