NAD M12 with Roon and Allo

I have the NAD M12/M22 V2 combo with Bluesound module installed. My core is running on an iMac and the module is hard wired into ethernet from my orbi router and the signal is strong. I need help on the best Roon settings for two scenarios. 1. Tidal to Bluesound directly from Roon through bluesound app. . What is the best setting for MQA? Renderer, etc? 2. Tidal to M12 via Roon through Allo digione signature player wired into M12 with Digital Coax cable. Same, what MQA settings? Through Allo, I don’t seem to be getting a complete MQA unfold. Does anything connected to the digital inputs on the M 12 get unfolded by the M12 DAC or does it have to go through the bluesound module first. . This is where it gets confusing. I thought the actual DAC in the M12 would do the final unfold.

Hello @Thomas_Bacon,

At this point in time, the only way to play fully rendered MQA on an NAD M12 is using the BluOS MDC expansion module. The USB input does not support any MQA Decoding or Rendering functionality. In the “Device Setup” screen for the NAD M12 BluOS zone, you should have the “MQA Capabilities” set to “Renderer Only”.

-John

John, thanks for info? Will the M12 decode MQA if Allo is connected via Digital coax?

Hello @Thomas_Bacon,

Unfortunately not. MQA Decoding and Rendering is limited to the BluOS input on the device.

-John