NAD M50.2 Album Art Issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Version 1.0 (build 174) stable/Version 1.6 (build 416) stable/Version 1.0 (build 9) stable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

eero mesh network
Nucleus-Roon Core

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD M50.2

Description Of Issue

If I add different albums to a queue on Roon and it plays on the M50.2 the album art will eventually stay static from a previous album. I have checked to use Prefer File in settings/Library/Import Settings. I have my CD library ripped on the NAD M50.2 and Roon is pointed to this as the Storage.

Hi @Steve_Jenkins,

Welcome to the community! Can I please ask you to reproduce this issue once more and note the exact local time + date in your country of when this behavior next occurs? E.g. 12:51PM on 5/20/19 the artwork did not update from Album XXX to Album YYY. Once this info has been received I can then enable diagnostics mode for your account to see if there are perhaps any signs as to why this occurs.

Also, would it be possible for you to send us your BlueOS logs after you reproduce this issue? You can get these logs by navigating to Bluesound’s IP Address in a web browser -> Diagnostics -> More -> Copy + paste the text into a text editor and send it as a shared Dropbox/Google Drive/Firefox Send link.

Thanks,
Noris

On May 20 I added several albums from the NAD 50.2 Library, Tidal and Qoubuz and I had an artwork issue. At 5:35 pm EST Song 1 was playing West Coast Blues by Wes Montgomery-Incredible Jazz Guitar then Song 2 played by Al Di Meoloa Sarabande From Violin Sonata in B Minor-Land of The Midnight Sun. The album art did not changer for the second song. The artwork from The Incredible Jazz Guitar remained for the Al Di Meola song. The artwork changed for artwork to the current song after the second one played.

May 21, at 8:30 am EST Tears for Fears Everybody wants to Rule the world played then the next song was Milt Jackson X-Ray Blues. The Tears for fears song artwork remained. I had cleared the Queue and added just Library songs before this happened.

Text File for BluOS logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7bt8fehgpl85yh/Roon-BluOS-SPJ.txt?dl=0

@noris any solution to this issue?

Hi @Steve_Jenkins,

Thank you for the timestamps and for the BluOS logs, I have started a support ticket for you and have asked QA to review the BluOS logs you submitted, once I hear back I will be sure to let you know.

I have also gone ahead and activated diagnostics mode for your Nucleus and what this action should do is automatically generate and upload a set of logs to our servers, but unfortunately I am not seeing any logs being delivered.

Can I ask you to reboot your Nucleus once more and let me know after you have done so and I will check again? Also, have you by any chance reached out to NAD regarding this behavior yet? They may have some further insight here.

– Noris

@noris I rebooted the nucleus. The issue only occurs when I use Roon and the M50.2 as an endpoint. If I use the BluOS app to play Tidal, Qobuz and ripped cds the album art changes with the change in album/song.

Hi @Steve_Jenkins,

Thank you for rebooting the Nucleus, I can confirm that the diagnostics have reached our servers. I have asked QA to take a look and as soon as I hear back from them regarding the analysis I will be sure to let you know. Thanks in advance for your patience while this reaches their queue!

– Noris

Hi @Steve_Jenkins,

I just heard back from QA regarding log analysis. The logs that we received did not contain any signs as to why this issue occurred, they look as expected.

Can I please ask you to reach out to NAD/Bluesound regarding this issue and send them the same BluOS log file you provided? They might be able to provide some more information regarding this behavior.

– Noris

@noris This is a Roon issue. I have exchanged my NAD M50.2 for a new unit. I am experincing the same issue with the Album art when the NAD M50.2 screen is set to large album art. It will act the same even in the small album art. I submitted a ticket to NAD about this and they could not see any issues with the machine. I exchanged it due to an issue with the screen itself that was a hardware issue. So, I set up the new unit with my Roon Nucleus and when I add albums to the queue from Tidal and Qobuz every once and awhile an ablum art will get stuck and not change unless I press the next track button on the Roon app. Then the album art will change to the currently playing album. Sometimes an image will not even show up. The Roon logo will be the album art instead.

Hi @Steve_Jenkins,

Thank you for trying a different M50.2 unit. I wanted to update you here, we’ve been in touch with NAD and they have added this issue to their ticketing system.

I don’t have any other details except the above to share at this time, when we have any further news, we will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

So, with the latest updates to Roon 1.7 and BluOS 3.6.12 this issue is resolved. The album art updates as it should when I have a mixed queue of songs playing throught the Roon app…

Thought I would just let you know.

Thanks,
Steve J.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.