NAD music server not recognized by Roon [Solved]

Hello @David_Waring,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over the situation you’re describing and suggest some possible troubleshooting steps.

Yes, you are correct in your assumption that for Roon to work properly, there must be specific firewall rules in place to allow both the Roon App and RoonServer to connect to devices. As for specific instructions on how to set that up, you would need to refer to McAfee’s website and open these specific ports.

You have mentioned that Roon doesn’t see the NAD on the Wifi network, does it see the NAD when you are connected directly through an Ethernet cable to the Router? If so this could indicate that the setup of the Airport Extreme is not allowing the connection to the NAD.

Furthermore, you have mentioned that you are able to access the network share from Finder, does it also list the specific IP address of the NAD in Finder? If so I would like for you to try the following:
• Please open your Roon App and navigate to Main Menu -> Settings -> Storage -> Add Folder
• Press Add Network Share
• Manually input the same IP Address/Hostname information as your Finder window
• If you did not set a Username/Password yet you can leave those blank
• See if you can connect and access the music folder that way

Please let me know if any of the above steps remedy the issue you are facing and we can continue from there.

Thanks,
Noris