NAD T 778 Roon Ready Certification? [April 2021 Now Roon Ready]

Hello All,

Any updates on this?

I could be wrong here, but my hunch is that Roon and NAD are not playing nice together right now. Why would Roon care about certifying the products of NAD when NAD is not currently promoting the fact that their products are Roon certified on their website? Instead NAD is focused on BluOS which seems to be a competitor of Roon.

If you want a great Canadian home cinema AV unit, then I suggest you turn to Anthem which has a new line coming out for 2021 and, yes, they are stating they will be Roon certified on their website.

1 Like

It is very strange that they are not advertising that the M10 and the C658 are Roon Ready. I sold my M10 because Roon was so bad on it. Now that its Roon Ready you would think they would say something. How do these companies not see how bad BluOS is. I use Tidal Connect on my T778. Its leaps and bounds better than BluOS. But not as good as Roon of course.

Le T778 n’est toujours pas certifiĂ© Roon, alors que la plupart des autres appareils de cette marque le sont.
Pour quelle raison ? Pourtant, cet ampli est sorti il y a déjà plusieurs mois

J’ai revendu un C368 qui Ă©tait certifiĂ© pour un T778 qui ne l’est toujours pas
 ce n’est pas trĂšs sĂ©rieux. Mais bon, ils vont une fois de plus rester silencieux. Une seule chose intĂ©resse Roon : vendre des licences
sans aucune transparence concernant les nombreux problĂšmes d’utilisation qui surviennent ensuite

Pour le SAV, c’est franchement nul et sans d’aucune utilité 

c’est la vie

Does anyone know if the T778 will (is intended to) support multi-channel playback from Roon?

2 Likes

Its odd because BluOS has an option to select Roon when I look at it.

I am also concerned as to why the M10 and 658 would not be promoted by NAD as being Roon Ready now that they are certified. I am guessing they are just reluctant to maintain that promise going forward given the changes that come with Roon’s continued evolution. Guessing they got more than a few complaints and bad press on that initial promotion that they don’t want to revisit. But from their perspective Roon is not the only show in town, and in my experience the BluOS app is an easy to use, reliable, and budget friendly alternative.

Although I have experienced nagging issues with my M10, 658, and 758 here and there - on the whole they have been very reliable and are a pleasure to use. May look into replacing the 758 with the 778 somewhere down the road.

Still waiting for the T778 Roon certification. And until it gets certified, this issue will remain: Tidal MQA Gives Error

Any news?
Anybody?

I think we’re going backwards. With the 1.8 update my NAD T778 and Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i have both disappeared from Roon. Very frustrating. Not sure what’s going on here but definitely feeling jerked around by Roon and NAD. I want to love both of these companies but this issue is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Hello,

Can you play Roon in zone 2 with this receiver?

Thanks!

Still waiting for the T778 Roon certification. And until it gets certified, this issue will remain: Tidal MQA Gives Error

HI, first post here!

Just doing a trial of Roon and love the interface, features, info, etc
 my system is based on the NAD T778, so really hoping this integration happens in a timely way
 just using airplay now, which is working so far.

Can someone answer a few basic questions please?

Via Airplay, am I getting a quality difference vs it coming direct from the receiver via a stream?

Also, is it still using the NAD DAC to decode or is it using the device I stream from like my Mac or iPad?

Are there any other features I am missing/should know about via airplay, vs if this was a Roon certified device that was streaming directly into the receiver vs using another source as a work around?

I am still in the return window for the T778, so I guess I could switch it up, but I love almost everything about it for my specific use/set up, but thats a different thread.

Thanks for any light that can be shed.

1 Like

Can’t answer all your questions, but I can tell you that airplay will net you a lower quality stream than going through BluOS on your T778. I don’t recall the specifics, but I don’t believe airplay can play higher than CD quality. I would think it’s still using the NAD DAC. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think even Bluetooth would use the NAD DAC.

I wouldn’t return the T778 based on Roon support being a little flaky at the moment unless it’s one the main reasons you bought it, but I’m sure the home theater aspect far outweighs that. I’ve got a T778 and a T758v3, as well as a CI580. Had their fair share of little issues, but the T778 is doing great things for my atmos setup. The Roon support is the cherry on top for me. HOWEVER, if HDMI 2.1 support in the near future means anything to you, I have heard that Anthem’s next AVR will have HDMI 2.1 and may have Roon support!

Thanks for the reply. I actually love the T778 and it checks all the boxes for me right now, so you are correct Roon is secondary in this. Not too worried on HDMI 2.1
 have more of a hybrid audiophile/HT set up going that is working well with this

And I was able to do a side by side listen to a few tracks back to back from Roon via Airplay and then BluOS
 the quality difference s very apparent, so for now I will stream thru BluOS. Hopefully this certification gets resolved soon and then it is a non issue.

The best thing about the NAD T778 not being Roon certified is that I, too, have really enjoyed BluOS. I did not buy a lifetime subscription and will not be renewing without the certification.

Guessing no updates on this?

It’s so strange
even after months no answer at all from Roon
I can wait but after half a year they really could say something
but it seams that they don’t have to
nobody cares

I was hoping that it would be fixed in Build 778 because that would have been kind of cool. But, alas, no joy. At least my Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i is working with Roon again after the latest BluOS update.