Naim ND5 XS 2 set up help needed

I’m very confused on how to set up Roon on the Naim ND5 XS 2 that I just purchased.
I signed up for the 14 day free trial of roon and downloaded the app on my mac laptop, iphone and ipad. The only choice for the Roon Core is the laptop. The Naim ND5 XS 2 does not appear as a choice. Is this correct? What do I do next? Can you help?

Phil Alcabes
[email removed by moderators]

Hi @Phil_Alcabes — Thanks for reaching out!

First, I definitely recommend you check out our New User Guide in addition to our Why Core article.

The Mac laptop will be your Roon Core. This is where your Roon database will be housed.

The Naim device will be your audio Zone that you play back to. This article will walk you through the specifics, but enabling your Zone is very easy! Once you’re logged in to Roon just go to Settings > Audio and Enable your Naim device. From there you can select it for playback in Roon.

If you have any questions please let me know!

Install roon on the laptop and assuming that the laptop and the naim are on the same network it will appear in Settings, Audio like this

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.