Naim Uniti Atom out of sync when grouped with other RAAT endpoints,

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on i7 CPU

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Uniti Atom
Hifiberry Amp +
Hifibery Amp2
Bluesound node 2
Description Of Issue

I have not used grouping zones much but tries it today and when grouping the above RAAT zones, all are in sync except the Naim Uniti Atom, it’s always behind. It doesn’t matter what order I group them or changing the master clock. I have disabled DSP still out of sync, it seems more out with DSP enabled, odd as I have DSP on one the hifiberrys and this does not impact it at all. I assume this is a Naim issue and its not giving back the appropriate delays internally. It does take longer to startup compared to other zones to.

I had to delay my other zone by 100ms to get in synch with my Atom too.

hmmm thats big delay.

x your 100 by 10 and its in sync. So I had to do -1000 on the Atom. That’s ridiculous. I bet it changes next Naim update to. Your still on old firmware I believe?

And after one song the Atoms drifted out of sync whilst the others stay in sync.

I don’t do a lot of synching, I just turn up the Atom. :grin:

i don’t was just trying out and was a bit shocked as to how bad the Atom it is at doing it.

Hello @CrystalGipsy,

Thanks for the report.

We have been able to reproduce this behavior in-house, albeit not with 100% reliability. Do you see this behavior during every playback session? Another important variable would be if you are seeing this behavior on Ethernet, WiFi, or both network connections.

-John

All the time. Atom and Bluesound are wired, the pi’s are wireless. Bluesound and pi’s all keep in sync when grouped. Bluesound with Atom grouped won’t and when they are all grouped Atom won’t but rest are.

My atom is wired but the pi wireless.

Any news about this @support

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.