Synology NAS not recognizing new content

I am getting the same thing since switching my music store to a Synology Nas.

I am using a Mac Mini as a roonserver and controlling with a iPad Pro and a surfacebook.

Playback is via uRendu Mutec and Devialet 1000 Pro.

ALso I have just noticed that if I now put a new album into the NAS Roon will not see it. I have tried many ways of making the new folder, making it via file manager, drag and drop, making via Synology file manager with no success.

If I browse to the folder in files manager I can see the sub folder and files but browsing in Roon storage manager it says empty folder!!!

This seems to be since V 208 as I added all the music in here just before that.

As an add on, I can make the album be seen if I drag it into a pre existing folder so it is something about creating new folders (I think)

You have try to select ‘Force Rescan’ from setting/Storage menu?

Yes I tried that and it doesn’t work. The fact that browsing through Roon will not see anything in the folder that is worrying. And as soon as I moved it into a different (pre existing) folder it saw it without a rescan.

Hi @NickB ---- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. I went ahead and created a new thread to address your issue as this would seem to be generalized issues with the NAS.

• Pops in audio - “I am getting the same thing since switching my music store to a Synology Nas”

• New file recognition - “I have just noticed that if I now put a new album into the NAS Roon will not see it.”

Moving forward, may I kindly as you to please provide the details of your network configuration / topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I want to have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating across your network and what tools are being used to make those connections possible.

-Eric

Hi Eric

Roon server running on MacMini, i5, 8GB, 60GB SSD.
Synology DS 716+II with 2 x 3 TB WD RED.
uRendu, Mutec MC-3 +USB, Devialet 1000 PRO.
MS Surface Pro, Apple iPad Pro and iPhone 7 remotes.
Vigor 2860 router all cabled network.

The inability to set up new folders and browse them in Roon may have been something to do with the Synology update the other day but I am not sure.

If you need anything else let me know.

Nick

Hey Nick,

Can you confirm what setting you’re using if you go into DSM > Control Panel > File Services > SMB tab > Advanced? If you’re not using SMB2 or SMB3 I would try that.

Also, for the NAS, you’re logging in in Roon, right? As opposed to mounting in your OS, right?

Hi Mike

It was set to SMB 1 or SMB 2, now set to SMB2 or SMB3.

I am logging in from Roon not mounting in the OS.

Still the same problem, if I make a new Artist folder and put an Album in it the tracks will not add and browsing via Roon says empty folder.

If I drop the album folder in to a pre existing Artists folder it adds straight away.

Very odd !!

Nick

OK I have found the answer to the non adding of folders (well one answer) its only the Mac that does it, if I set my Surface Book Pro as the server it sees the Agnes Obel folder and sub folders fine so it seems to be a problem with Mac and Synology.

Please let us have Rock soon I have a lovely NUC sitting here waiting :smile: