NAS path spontaneously changed

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini (late 2012) macOS Sierra 10.12.6, 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, Roon v1.7 build 610

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Audio files on QNAP TS351 NAS connected via ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Squeezebox, iOS devices and RME soundcard

Number of Tracks in Library

9766 tracks

Description of Issue

A few months ago, the path to my library spontaneously changed. Both the library and one of the backup locations (see screenshot) suffer from this issue.

Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 15.22.52

The path was amended with “._smb._tcp.local”, before any sub-directories are marked. Any ideas what is causing this?

As purely a guess. An update to the QNAP may have changed how that share is presented. It appended the application, protocol and location.

More guessing, there is probably an option in your share management tool that will change how it announces itself to hosts.

when I shut down some of the devices on my network and re-start them weeks later the I P address often changes

In the new location the backups are being properly made.
Now, I would like to delete the location that doesn’t work anymore. Surprise surprise, there is no option in the GUI to delete the location.

Hello, is anyone at Roon (e.g. @dylan) monitoring this space?

The red triangle in the front panel is still telling me (falsely, now) that there are no backups being made, because it is still trying to do that in a place that is no longer available. It would be helpful if there was an option to delete such directories.

Better still, a way to repair the path into something readable and consistent with the way it’s shown by the OS.

You should be able to edit or delete the backup from
settings →
backups →
scheduled backups →
select the vertical 3 dots to the right of your old backup path.
→ edit
→ delete

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.