NAS problems - your guide is too complex

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
1.6 Build 401

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) NAS Ethernet and WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Computer Windows drive with DAC USB cable to Oppo DAC, DAC also has own driver but is not MQA apparently.

Description Of Issue

It did not find all of the music filed on the folders I set up.

I am a savvy computer user but not on networks. I do not understand your instructions on how to set up path to NAS. I do not work in the NAS QNAP software environment but use Windows. My NAS works fine in all other applications just using Windows commands. Your instructions are written for computer/network professionals not ordinary people.

My Synology NAS has the name SynologyServer.
I have all my music related files in the folder NAS Music
I ask it to watch the specific folder DailyMusic.
To add this network drive location, go to Settings>Storage
+Add Folder
+Add Network Share
Network Share Location:
\\synologyserver\nas music

Enter your username for that server and folder if you have it set up that way.
Enter your password for that username
I left WorkGroup blank
Hit Add Network Share and this will be added to the list of networked folders. Then click on that network share and select any subfolder. In my case this is DailyMusic.

Hi Scott,
I have edited your post to reflect the correct syntax of your network share location.
This forum application has also its own syntax when writing messages.
You can always put these kind of strings between backticks (-> `your string` ) to prevent this.
The \-character in this community is also used as an escape character and might be stripped away…

1 Like

If you use Windows on your Core machine, then you can map a network drive in Explorer.
Typically - \\192.168.x.xxx\directory

Mapped drives will show up in the sidebar in Settings–>Storage–>Add Folder

No need for Settings–>Storage–>Add Folder–>Add Network Share

Easy-Peasy.:neutral_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.