Nativ Vita retro fit?

Hi peeps,
This is my first post, so go easy on me…
I have a Nativ Vita and as we all know that has been a real train wreck of an experience.

Bearing in mind I am not a computer nerd or savvy in such things
My question is this, Because the hardware of this device is pretty slick can the custom OS be changed to another OS like Chrome or Windows or Linux or can you even get ROCK onto it ? It only has a 32gb internal memory I believe and it seems to me it would make a great roon end point rather than catching dust high up on the shelf.

If this could be done what are the steps involved and please make the steps ridiculously easy like your talking to a child… Ha.

Thank you in advance for even taking your time reading this post.

Hello and welcome to the community.

Not familiar with the Nativ Vita. Looked online and from what I can see the device cannot be used as a platform for Roon and apparently there were issues using it as an endpoint.

Sorry to say but if you want a good Roon experience you should look elsewhere.

I use a NUC/Rock dedicated server that has worked very well for 2 1/2 years now, with an i7 cpu, 16gb ram, m.2 NVMe drive for Roon OS/Database and an internal SATA SSD for my music library. With a USB attached SSD for backups the total, at the time, was under a $1000.00.

Don’t overlook the performance of your internal network as that will play a big part in your overall satisfaction.

Thank you for your reply Mike.